View Single Post
Old 05-15-2024, 08:29 AM   #92

Yep, agreed. Unfortunately, my OEM YouALL carb’s A/F screw is sealed with a what appears to be a welch plug and it doesn’t seem that I can notch it out and/or unscrew it out. I can get the “sealed” carb bowl screws off by notching them with my Dremel, but I just wanted to throw the Mikuni VM26 on and see what happened. I definitely agree that a 40 pilot is too rich. It seems that given my elevation, a 38 pilot jet would be just about right and/or what you’ve already noted with the A/F screw adjustment. I’d actually prefer to leave the stock carb on and just adjust it as it ran pretty decent out of the box. I’m just not crazy about the fact that the two piece pilot jet seems to be a weirdo proprietary thing that this OEM YouAll carb has. I need to take it out and see if I could make an OEM PZ27 pilot work via measuring the two-piece OEM YouAll pilot jet. I’ll report back later in the week if I think I can source a one-piece pilot jet from jetsrus.com or from another source. Thanks for your input!

Last edited by Dusman; 05-15-2024 at 10:59 AM.