PDA

View Full Version : Production picture of Pitster Pro XRT-250X

MICRider
11-05-2011, 09:00 AM
I got an email update from Pitster Pro on the XRT-250X. I think this is a production picture of the actual bike this time, they will supposedly be shipping them in December (not a good time for Canadian release?) I also heard that the price is going to be lower than originally anticipated, how much lower though is anyones guess. I wonder if they will ever make a dual sport version (or a dual sport kit like Konker did with the KSM200?)

http://i762.photobucket.com/albums/xx261/MICRider/Pitster-Pro-XRT-250X-December-Delivery.jpg

Weldangrind
11-05-2011, 11:33 AM
That looks pretty good.

I like the giant front rotor and the stainless header. The USD forks and tool tube are a nice touch.

MICRider
11-05-2011, 12:08 PM
It does look kind of cool, unfortunately I'm pretty sure it will be priced over a good used Japanese counterpart... Lol, darn Canadian pricing! :lol:

FastDoc
11-05-2011, 01:13 PM
Nice to see what looks like a Suzuki TU250 clone engine. But not FI which is OK for a CB.

I expect I'll be pissed at PP for a long time to come and don't see myself endorsing their products any time soon though. :evil:

MICRider
11-05-2011, 01:34 PM
Nice to see what looks like a Suzuki TU250 clone engine. But not FI which is OK for a CB.

I expect I'll be pissed at PP for a long time to come and don't see myself endorsing their products any time soon though. :evil:

Yup, the 400 was a major POS! It'll be interesting to see how these 250's fare though since they're made by Jinan Qingqi. The emails I get are from Michelle Lehwald, I think she's working for Visionary Motorsports in Edmonton here. I'm betting she liked the Vancouver weather better! :lol:

FastDoc
11-05-2011, 01:45 PM
Qingqi makes the Q's thta we know and love. This PP may be a good bike, although I still don't trust distributer support.

ben2go
11-17-2011, 08:29 PM
I'd consider this bike if it was a DS with 21/18 wheels.

culcune
11-19-2011, 01:56 AM
I'd consider this bike if it was a DS with 21/18 wheels.

You won't get one--it's a Pitster Pro of Canada bike :cry:

We are still waiting and waiting and waiting for the Cleveland Cyclewerks 'Da Hooligun' which is supposed to be very similar to this bike as it is made by Qingqi, who OEM for most of Suzuki's 250cc and under engines, which is why this bike's engine looks awfully similar to a TU250's engine.

MICRider
11-19-2011, 08:16 AM
I asked them on their Facebook page if they would give me a free one to do long term testing on and got no reply... I'm guessing that was a "NO!" :lol:

fishman10
11-19-2011, 09:19 PM
fastdoc ,,,,you and i both,,,,,,no endorsement here either,,,,,,,they never ever did call me back or email me,,,If anyone should get a smokin deal on one of these ,,,it should be one of the people people that trusted pitster and plunked down the money for a new pp400 lxt..,,,,And then got left with it.

FastDoc
11-20-2011, 01:00 PM
There's a guy in Spokane I ran across selling '09s new for 'Best Offer'.

There's a story there...

ben2go
11-20-2011, 08:49 PM
There's a guy in Spokane I ran across selling '09s new for 'Best Offer'.

There's a story there...

hummm

culcune
11-20-2011, 10:06 PM
fastdoc ,,,,you and i both,,,,,,no endorsement here either,,,,,,,they never ever did call me back or email me,,,If anyone should get a smokin deal on one of these ,,,it should be one of the people people that trusted pitster and plunked down the money for a new pp400 lxt..,,,,And then got left with it.

Even thought they are distributing Pitsters in Canada, the company is not owned by Pitster, so are probably better to deal with. Pitster never did sell the 400 in Canada, if I remember correctly, so there would not be anyone there who got burned (the 400 series were being sold by Xingyue of Canada or North America or something like that name) directly by Pitster. I don't think that much could be found wrong with this new Qingqi-derived bike, and I would consider one if they were available here in the US.

FastDoc
11-20-2011, 11:11 PM
When I had the PP400 I tried many times to contact Xinguye Canada and NEVER heard back from them. YMMV.

fishman10
11-20-2011, 11:12 PM
well i would like to hear how the owners of the ''canada pitster' are fairing with their bikes ,,cause i even emailed xingue canada,,,,,,(may not be correct spelling) bout gettin a part for mine when pitster wouldn't get back to me an they never responded,,so I hope the canada owners are fairing better.

culcune
11-20-2011, 11:39 PM
Fastdoc and Fishman10--that explains it a bit more...I hope that Pitster of Canada can back this bike, although I am sure the bike will be much more reliable being Qingqi-sourced!

Then again, it seems that Pitster got in a little over its head with their bigger bikes. Their little pit bikes had a great reputation, expanded into territory they probably should have researched more, and ended up muddying their name a bit from disgruntled owners as both of you can attest.

Come to think of it, there was a guy on chinariders several months ago who had one of the XTR 250 bikes, in Canada, and had some carb issues, yet could not get hold of Pitster.

But the 250cc version of the Qingqi 200cc motard and enduro should be a much better bike, as based on Qlink's success and some of the other iterations around the world, which could possibly mean not needing much support from Pitster? I would buy this bike for that reason, not because of the Pitster name.

Gosh, why can't CCW get through the paperwork for this bike in the US??!! :evil: :?