PDA

View Full Version : Jinlun from Motorcycles-scooters.com?

bigpaws
11-21-2011, 01:04 AM
Hello, I've given up on exporting my 2009 Lifan 125cc China bike from China to the US, as it is too new to be exempt from DOT/EPA bureaucracy. It's provided me with about 2400km of (mostly) trouble free riding here in Dalian, China, but I'll be selling it before I return.

I found a 250 at https://www.motorcycles-scooters.com/250cc-Cruiser-Motorcycles/ The only issue I see is price. It's $2600 delivered, which is way too high for a Chinese 250 IMHO. I'd pay $2000, but for $2600 I'd rather pass unless there's someone who knows they're a lot better. I only paid CNY8000 ($1275) for my 125, and don't know if this bike is twice as good for twice the price.

The other issue is that I can't find an equivalent here in China, which leads me either to believe it's also too expensive for riders here (maybe) or isn't that good of a bike. I did see a Qingqi in Jinzhou the other day which looked very similar...but as with most things here in China you learn to be wary of fake products because they are everywhere.

I just don't want a repeat of the POS I bought from T-motorsports in LA which failed at 1300km due to poor metallurgy on the crankshaft. That bike was a $1500 mistake which may have lasted longer if I really flushed out the oil (I think it was left somewhere wet for awhile, because the starter was rusty inside).

Any experience with this dealer? Any advice would be appreciated.

SpudRider
11-28-2011, 10:38 PM
I'm afraid I am unfamiliar with that bike, and that dealer, BP. However, I am going to move your thread to the Street Forum, in hopes you question will get better exposure, and more replies. :)

Spud :)

FastDoc
11-28-2011, 10:45 PM
It looks like a rebadged Hensiem/Baja 250 Twin.

I think it's an OK bike, but as I recall some of us had serious transmission issues with more than one example.

It exceeds my Chinabike spending limit by a wide margin. For the price they are asking you could buy a very clean 3 year old Ninja 250 that would eat that bike's lunch in every catergory.

I am also not familiar with the dealer. I find it ironic they are in California where there bike is not street legal.

SpudRider
11-29-2011, 12:02 AM
Indeed, that bike is greatly overpriced at $2,590! 8O

Spud :)