PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a TMS200GY-5 and thought I would say "Hi&qu

Jollysig
05-22-2007, 11:10 PM
I bought a TMS200GY-5 from T-motorsports a few weeks ago. While searching for things to do while working through the whole registering a china dual sport issue I ran across this site. Alot of good info can be found here so I thought I would grab an account and hang out for awhile. I didn't realize that T-motorsports were selling gray market bikes till I contacted American Lifan to get some help with bike assembly and was told the whole story. I wish I would have found this forum earlier. Nothing against T-motorsports. They shipped me a perfectly good bike but the MSO and Bill of Sale were wrong. They are currently fixing the problem and I average a call from them every few days assuring me everything will be made right.... we will see. On happier notes I'm looking forward to the Memorial Day weekend coming up. I have plans to grab a few cans of Kyrlon Fusion and paint the bike black, change out the air filter to a UNI and port the muffler better. Also on the time schedule is an oil change to something allitle heavier and half sythentic, a good application of Loctite to anything that turns, and a good lube / grease to all the cables and chain. Any other suggestions before I take this bike out on it's virgin voyage? :?:

katoranger
05-22-2007, 11:20 PM
Welcome. I am a new owner also, but of an authentic Lifan. T-motorsports has both good and bad reviews depending on what state you are in.

Read the bike prep list and watch what type of oil you use.

You will find alot of the TMS bikes here.

allen

pumpkin
05-22-2007, 11:21 PM
follow the prep thread and then enjoy one heck of a bang for the buck! congrats on the bike and wecome!

AZ200cc
05-22-2007, 11:48 PM
Welcome fellow Noob :)

shammash55
05-23-2007, 10:15 AM
welcome and enjoy

ambassador
05-23-2007, 10:19 AM
Welcome,
I have the same bike from TMS and have had no issues other than having to send back the MCO to be filled out... Post some pics when you get a chance...

TheOtherRide
05-23-2007, 10:48 AM
Congrats on your new bike & welcome!

ejcycles
05-24-2007, 08:25 AM
Hi Jollysig

Welcome to ChinaRiders!!
Congrats on the new bike...I hope you don't have problems...if it comes in with any damage refuse it as they are tough to get parts from... http://www.t-motorsportssucks.com/

Jollysig
05-25-2007, 06:16 PM
Well after a few trips to diffrent Departments of Transportation in El Paso, I finally was able to talk to the head State rep (I.E. "The Boss"). After talking to him I was able to get a straight answer on the exact paperwork he wanted to recieve a Texas title and Registration. Everyone else was telling me I needed a whole lot of paperwork (the same stuff you need if you build a motorcycle from parts) and alot of crazy customs paperwork. After talking to him he was able to explain that since the bike's VIN doesn't pass Tex DOT Vin Assist he can't verify if it's DOT / EPA approved so he needed for me to get an inspection. I headed down to Customs at the border to Mexico and was able to get the inspection in less than 10 minutes and left with all paperwork signed in hand. I also had to get T-Motorsports to send me a MSO on security paper notarized and a Bill of Sale. They had it to me 2 days after I asked for it. The last hurdle is to have a VIN inspection done by the Anti-Theft unit just to make sure the bike isn't stolen. This is normal procedure in El Paso when bringing a vechile from out of country because of the high rate of vechile theft here. My inspection is Wednessday so I should have plates by Wednessday night if everything pans out.

I'm going to work on the bike tomorrow and should have it painted before the afternoon is out. Once that is done I'll take pictures and get them posted tomorrow night.

I posted a step by step guide in the registration section on what I had to do to register my bike.

Jollysig
05-30-2007, 07:54 PM
While I finally got my title, plates, and inspection sticker today. I bought the bike exactly a month ago today. Wow was this a process and a half. Atleast I won't have to do that again. :P

liverchip
05-31-2007, 01:19 PM
Glad you've gotten everything complete and welcome!