PDA

View Full Version : Hi Peeps, New member needing some help with a Lifan 200 iii

Cyber
01-21-2012, 12:32 AM
:cry: I bought a Lifan ricardo R3 or 200 iii which ever you wanna call it, i love the bike it rides great but i cannot find any parts interchange info for it anywhere, can anyone help, all i can find is the dual sport / off road lifan's. Mine is not a off road or dual sport, its just a full size motorcycle with a lil baby engine.
I got the bike cheap, a guy had it and someone stole it from him, the cops got it back but he didnt have insurance that covered the damage so he just sold the bike, so i bought it and it has no ignition, and no key (i have a clear title) the guy just hooked up a toggle switch to start it, the electric starter will work if you let it screech for a sec or 2, really annoying so ive just been kick starting it. Also the right front ferring got a lil roughed up at the turn signal and that lens is gone from it.
The bike is a 2007 with 600 miles on it, it rides like a champ (says my experienced motorcyclist father in law) Since i live in ohio and its bitterly cold now, i wanna get it all ready to ride come spring, does anyone know if i have to buy lifan parts to replace the stuff i need? I saw universal gas caps and ignition switches online cheap, i just dont know what i can and cannot use, this is my first ever bike and my family that has bikes know nothing about these lifan's. I dont care about the ferring, i can patch it up, but i need a starter, turn signal, gas cap and ignition so that i have keys, unless i can just buy a tumbler with key for the gas cap somewhere, can anyone on here help a rookie out, lol??

katoranger
01-21-2012, 09:59 AM
I believe that someone is parting out one of these in the for sale section.

The starter will be the same as the dual sport bikes. Not 100% sure on the ignition switch. It may be a different style. A universal one should work.

Cyber
01-21-2012, 12:12 PM
:cry: I did notice the add that calvin had listed, i spent a long while last night trying to figure out how to navigate this site, lol he had the ferrings and fender for sale, but unfortunatley the fenders look nothing like mine so i woulda wanted both to match and it woulda cost me over $100, Not a bad deal but he had them on ebay and they are no longer listed, Also i really am not too worried about the ferrings, mine are in ok shape they just busted the bubble off the one that holds the turn signal in, im just gonna use the fiberglass bondo and patch over that bubble to house the turn signal for now anyway, if i can pick up set without spending a whole lot ill get them. but the gas cap, ignition, and the turn signal lens for the right side is what im really in need of. Thanks a lot for the reply maybe ill take my chances and just try one of the universal ignitions, they are not too expensive so if it dont work atleast im not out that much[/i]

katoranger
01-22-2012, 07:29 AM
You may be able to have a key made at a locksmith also.

Cyber
01-23-2012, 04:07 PM
:lol: Yea lol i never even thought of that, thats what im gonna do, i saw a site that another member listed on here for parts, they have a new ignition for $9.95 plus S&h, lol I'm ordering a new ignition for it and taking gas cap off the bike and taking it to a locksmith tomorow, thanks for the tip i never even thought of that. I cannot wait to get this thing going, I've wanted a bike for soo long, i know this bike aint much but hey its my first and i like it, plus having the small engine should make it good on gas and it gives my wife some peace and mind not worrying about me doing 150 on the freeway, lol
If my weather holds tomorow like it is today i will get some pics of it and post on here I feel like a kid in a candy store pulling it out of my shed, lol
The only thing i still need really bad is a turn signal for it, actually i just need the lens, but if anyone can point me in the right direction for a replacement front right turn signal or a set of aftermarket ones that will work on my bike i would greatly appreciate it

katoranger
01-24-2012, 09:12 AM
Not sure on the lense. You may be able to remove the tumblers in the gas cap and then just use any key to open it.

Cyber
03-28-2012, 04:24 PM
Well i got a new ignition, new gas cap new seat lock, got my license tags, been riding non stop for 2 days now, i love this bike

Weldangrind
03-29-2012, 12:48 AM
Glad to hear that! We're gonna need pics. :D

katoranger
03-29-2012, 08:46 AM
Thats great. Double check all the bolts for loose ones.