PDA

View Full Version : VIVA-MOTORS Thumbs Down

jkomp316
05-23-2007, 12:51 AM
My bike arrived damaged beyond being acceptable. I refused shipment, met with the claims manager. We both agreed it was poorly packaged.

VIVA wanted to send me a new bike, i said NO it was poorly packaged, I DONT want another one. They claim they have to recieve the original bike back before they can refund me. I say, the bike was never in my hands, its been in thier carriers hands the entire time. This is now between VIVA and UPS, I am out of the loop.

Finally they say they will refund my money now and end the phone call. 24hrs later and a call to Capital One, still no refund.

I call back and get put on hold repeatedly. Hang up a few times, call back again and again. Finally I get transfered to the shipping manager. Again I'm told the money will be refunded, this afternoon, and the conversation ends. 24hs later, still no refund.

WTF is wrong with these people?

My next action is going to be through Capital One. The charge is already in dispute, I will personally OVERNIGHT a nice envelope to them, and to the UPS claims manager. Im including all the info for the purchase, and the folowup responce I recieved. I will also explain to UPS and Capital One why I think reputable companies such as thiers SHOULD NOT be affiliated with people like VIVA Motors.

VIVA Motors must not understand what kind of impact ONE voice can make. I am so upset with them right now, I am debating getting a standby airline ticket and flying out to see them personally.

jkomp316
06-02-2007, 07:43 PM
They refunded my money 6/1. First phone call to them was on 5/18.

AZ200cc
06-02-2007, 10:58 PM
Good that You got the money back, Sucks to have to deal with all the garbage in between though.

culcune
06-10-2007, 10:03 PM
Well, they are either down and out, or they will be reorganizing according to the Business Week article that Frostbite posted on the home page. It seems like they must have been pocketing all the shipping costs and not paying the freight companies.

http://host.businessweek.com/businessweek/research/stocks/transactions/transactions.asp?symbol=ODFL.O