PDA

View Full Version : Odessa Dualsport Ride. The Desert 100 is coming up!

FastDoc
02-03-2012, 12:18 PM
http://stumpjumpers.org/desert100/

Eastern Washington desert riding at its best. :D

Roger and I are doing it. Spud and Weld and Wild Alaskan are also planning to join in.

Anyone else?

Roger and I did it last year, you may want to check out that Ride Report. I was on the Pitster Pro 400 at that time.

FastDoc
02-03-2012, 12:26 PM
http://photos.stumpjumpers.org/popular/508225551_svXVC#!i=85137574&k=AFvtQ

Link to some beautiful pictures from last years race and D/S ride. :D

FastDoc
03-26-2012, 07:44 PM
The weather is looking fairly crappy on the long range. So far looks like record cold and damp. Go figure. The other 3/4 of the country is record warm and dry. Oh well...

At any rate I'm pretty hard core (you have seen pics of me riding in the snow and near zero temps) but I will probably bow out unless its dry.
100 miles of mud is not as much fun as it sounds...

I'll keep an eye on the weather.

Weldangrind
03-26-2012, 10:48 PM
I'm still on track, but the bike isn't done yet. I think this'll be an eleventh hour thing.

Even if I make the jouney and the weather sucks, I'm sure we'll find something to do. :D

MICRider
03-26-2012, 11:25 PM
I'm still on track, but the bike isn't done yet. I think this'll be an eleventh hour thing.

Even if I make the jouney and the weather sucks, I'm sure we'll find something to do. :D

I vote for shooting and flying! And maybe a few wobbly pops :lol:

FastDoc
03-27-2012, 12:10 AM
You bet. :D

SpudRider
03-28-2012, 01:51 PM
What's the weather outlook for this weekend, Brother Bill. :?: If it's cold and rainy, I don't think I'll be making the 17-hour round trip. I dislike riding in the rain, and I'm trying to shake a nasty head cold. :(

Spud :)

FastDoc
03-28-2012, 02:17 PM
Just checked. 50's and rain. I don't think it's EVER not been warm and dry in the history of this event. GW strikes again.

I'm not gonna ride 100 miles in the rain either.

IF we abort I PROMISE to have you, Weld, and WA over my house for a weekend of riding at a different time.

SpudRider
03-28-2012, 02:34 PM
Just checked. 50's and rain. I don't think it's EVER not been warm and dry in the history of this event. GW strikes again.

I'm not gonna ride 100 miles in the rain either.

IF we abort I PROMISE to have you, Weld, and WA over my house for a weekend of riding at a different time.
I hate to say it, but I'm definitely going to bail out from this weekend's ride, Brother Bill. :( We can always take the same route later in the year. ;) Indeed, we can always arrange a China Riders Northwest Ride, and choose from a variety of beautiful routes. :) For just one example, how would you like to visit the Great Salt Lake, and ride in the Wasatch Mountains?

http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq146/spudrider/SLC%20trip%20September%202010/SLCTrip2010part1069.jpg

http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq146/spudrider/SLC%20trip%20September%202010/SLCTrip2010part1564.jpg

FastDoc
03-28-2012, 09:55 PM
Roger and I already have planned, without even talking to you, TWO Spudtrips. :wink:

We can have Weld come to my house and all head over!

SpudRider
03-28-2012, 11:10 PM
Roger and I already have planned, without even talking to you, TWO Spudtrips. :wink:

We can have Weld come to my house and all head over!
Thanks for letting me know, Doc! :lol:

I'm looking forward to your visit. There are many rides you did not take during your last visit, and I am discovering new rides all the time. I look forward to enjoying some good, Christian fellowsip with you and Brother Roger. I would love to have Brother Weld join us also, if possible. :D

Weldangrind
03-29-2012, 12:58 AM
That sounds like a great idea!

I might have to bail on the Odessa ride, because my back is really sore and the TW is still in pieces. There's hope for tomorrow, so we'll see.

Weldangrind
03-29-2012, 03:57 PM
I'm a little better today, but I know that a 100 mile DS ride is the opposite of a good idea for my back. I'm gonna have to abort. :(

FastDoc
03-29-2012, 06:34 PM
It was not meant to be.

This March is on course to break a record for the wettest ever, and darn near one of the coldest. GW strikes again.

I can also use the time to pack my house, and Roger has some buyers for his house he's been trying to sell for a year he needs to work with on Saturday.

Weldangrind
03-29-2012, 06:46 PM
I took a week off, so I'll use the time to finish my TW, and then hopefully go enjoy it. I'd also like to make some progress on Son of Weldangrind's TS250 so we can ride together.

Maybe he and I can join you next year. :D

SpudRider
03-30-2012, 12:12 AM
It was not meant to be.

This March is on course to break a record for the wettest ever, and darn near one of the coldest. GW strikes again.

I can also use the time to pack my house, and Roger has some buyers for his house he's been trying to sell for a year he needs to work with on Saturday.
Isn't that something? :roll: Indeed, this ride was not meant to happen this year. ;) Is Wild Alaskan still planning to race the event? Let's plan a China Riders Northwest Ride! :D

Weldangrind
03-30-2012, 12:38 AM
I'm all over that! I have more vacation time available to me.

SpudRider
03-30-2012, 01:09 AM
Let's start think about where we want to go! If you guys like, I will start a new thread, here in the Ride Suggestions Forum. :D

katoranger
03-30-2012, 08:30 AM
It will probably take me a year to get settle enough for another bike. Maybe I can haul it up my kei truck. 8O

Weldangrind
03-30-2012, 02:17 PM
One of us might have a buddy bike for you. :D

FastDoc
03-30-2012, 02:36 PM
That's what I was thinking!

We're getting rained on today and tomorrow.

Our usually ANNUAL rainfall average here is 7.5 inches for the whole freakin' year. We're getting an inch today and tomorrow. Temps way below normal. More heavy snow in the Cascades.

Last year's run was 70's and sunny, light winds if any at all. That's normal. This year it is what it is. We'll get together soon, God willing.

We were wise to scrub this time though. The drive from BC over Snoqualmie or from ID over Meachum would be a snowbound mess.

FastDoc
03-30-2012, 02:36 PM
Please pass on my regards to Al Gore. :evil:

katoranger
03-30-2012, 02:41 PM
One of us might have a buddy bike for you. :D

I don't require much. Not a highly skilled off-road rider so something tame. Might be able to fly in. It would be 1200 miles from SE Kansas to Spudland.

Weldangrind
03-30-2012, 02:43 PM
If you're flying, then perhaps we could meet in Docville. It would be a much easier drive for the BC boys.

Weldangrind
03-30-2012, 02:46 PM
That's what I was thinking!

We're getting rained on today and tomorrow.

Our usually ANNUAL rainfall average here is 7.5 inches for the whole freakin' year. We're getting an inch today and tomorrow. Temps way below normal. More heavy snow in the Cascades.

Last year's run was 70's and sunny, light winds if any at all. That's normal. This year it is what it is. We'll get together soon, God willing.

We were wise to scrub this time though. The drive from BC over Snoqualmie or from ID over Meachum would be a snowbound mess.

I'm glad to hear that aborting the mission was a good idea. My back is much better today, so I'll use this opportunity for some shop time.

katoranger
03-30-2012, 02:49 PM
If you're flying, then perhaps we could meet in Docville. It would be a much easier drive for the BC boys.

Never been to Washington. I am sure the ticket prices are the same.

Weldangrind
03-30-2012, 02:53 PM

Son of Weldangrind and I can make it there in six hours with a trailer full of bikes.

FastDoc
03-30-2012, 03:17 PM
I just got a text from my friend Julian who is in Odessa now with his YZ400F. Says it's pouring and muddy, and there are still hundreds or thousands of people out there camping and riding. :D Gotta be Canadians. Tough breed those. :lol:

He called me a pussy. 8O

I'm warm, dry, and safe. :D

I can live with that for the moment. :wink:

katoranger
03-30-2012, 03:29 PM
Gideon is probably happy that you are home too.

SpudRider
03-30-2012, 03:32 PM

Son of Weldangrind and I can make it there in six hours with a trailer full of bikes.
My goodness; you can drive to DocLand faster than I! 8O

If Stew plans to join us, Idaho is probably much closer to him than Washington. ;) Weld could always ride to DocLand, then travel with Doc to Idaho. ;) Allen can ride the Zong if we meet in Idaho. :)

SpudRider
03-30-2012, 03:36 PM
I just got a text from my friend Julian who is in Odessa now with his YZ400F. Says it's pouring and muddy, and there are still hundreds or thousands of people out there camping and riding. :D Gotta be Canadians. Tough breed those. :lol:

He called me a pussy. 8O

I'm warm, dry, and safe. :D

I can live with that for the moment. :wink:
As the Turks would say, it was kismet. We were not destined to ride in the downpour this weekend. ;) I'm very happy to be warm and dry at home. I hate riding in the rain. :evil:

Weldangrind
03-30-2012, 05:10 PM

My goodness; you can drive to DocLand faster than I! 8O

If Stew plans to join us, Idaho is probably much closer to him than Washington. ;) Weld could always ride to DocLand, then travel with Doc to Idaho. ;) Allen can ride the Zong if we meet in Idaho. :)

If Stew planned to join us, it would be easier for him to fly or drive to Abbotsford, and then travel with us to Docville. Mind you, that's just one option, and I'm open to whatever. :D

FastDoc
03-30-2012, 05:14 PM
Spudville outranks Docsville as a riding destination but I can do good by you guys for sure. I'd be honored to set something up. We can do the Cascade Mountains or the desert, or both, and stuff in between too. :D

Compared to 95% or riding areas I have it great, But Spud's in that extra 5%. :wink:

Weldangrind
03-30-2012, 05:32 PM
I thought about that, and it also occurred to me that the area I live in has amazing riding areas, so I think that's only part of the picture. For me, the larger point is getting together for a ride, wherever it may be. As well, it would be great if the destination is relatively easy to access for us all.

Whatever happens, I'm stoked! :D

FastDoc
03-30-2012, 05:35 PM
True.

Either Doc or Spudland can accomodate.

SpudRider
03-30-2012, 08:23 PM
I started a new thread on this topic. Let's discuss the possibilities in the Moderators Forum. :)

MICRider
03-30-2012, 08:53 PM
Thanks for the thought guys, but I'm too far out in the sticks to even dream :lol: