PDA

View Full Version : Registering a TMS200GY-5 in El Paso, TX a step by step guide

Jollysig
05-25-2007, 07:02 PM
I thought I would post a guide to help out anyone in my area of town trying to register a China Bike. After recieving my bike from T-Motorsports alittle over a week ago I headed down to get it titled and registered in Texas.... Little did I know the hassle I would run into. The people at the county taxation offices didnt' want to deal with me nor give me a straight answer but did tell me that the Fort Bliss Office was an expert at importing vechiles... (I didn't know Fort Bliss had an office which sucked because I work on Bliss) So I headed over there. They where able to help me figure out what paperwork I needed and sent me over to Texas Department of Transportation (Tex DOT) to talk to the head manager for this part of state and get his 2 cents on everything. After talking to him I now have a straight forward packet of paperwork I need to register the bike. The best part is the paperwork isn't that difficult and he is the final authority so I know once I'm done the bike will get plates. Here is the break down of the paperwork and where to go to get it stamped or signed.</p>

Forms:</br>

MSO (Make sure it's on security paper / notorized to include the odometer statement on the back. If you buy your bike from T-Motorsports
contact Angel at (909)622-7800 she will square you away with that and a more offical Bill of Sale)</p>

Bill Of Sale (Make sure it's the one Angel sends you)</br>

Proof of Insurance</br>

Drivers Liceanse </br>

Title Application Form 130-U (Get it at a Title / Registration Office)</br>

CF7501 & HS7 (Get the HS7 from the Title Registration Office before you head down to customs. To get the paperwork signed and stamped head over to customs. They are located near the free bridge. Take 54 towards Juarez. Get off at the Pisano exit. Hang a right on Pisano, Hang a right at Boone, Hang a right at Delta, head down about 2 blocks till you see a "Do Not Enter" Sign beside the fenced in compound on your right. Pull up to the gate WATCH OUT FOR SEMI-TRUCKS!!! Tell the gate guard you need an CF7501 inspection, he'll give you a pass and direct you to the inspectors. These forms and inspections are to check to see if the bike conforms to DOT / EPA regulations... All the officers do is check the DOT / EPA stickers on the swingarm and VIN placement. Remember to bring your bill of sale and proof of insurance... they will need to see it.)</br>

Form 68-A (Get this form from the Title Registration Office. Ask them for the number for the local Theft DPT. Mine was 915-564-7163. Set yourself up an appointment to have the bike inspected. Before heading over for you inspection remember to get the 68-A notorized. This form is to verify that the bike isn't stolen.)</br>

Once your done will all the paperwork staple it together and head over to the taxation office. I would suggest going to either the one on Bliss (Which is located at the Welcome Center Bldg #505.) or the one located on Lee Trevino which is a Tex DOT. That way you won't have the problems I had going to the downtown office. What ever you do don't let them see the glossy MSO you orignally get or they will give you all kinds of heck to include confiscating your paperwork and multiple interviews with the fraud investigators to get it back. If you plan accordingly this shouldn't take you but a few hours to do. Get the paperwork from the title office before your bike arrives. Once your bike arrives call the Theft unit to set up an appointment (You will need the VIN). Call Angel get your MSO and Bill of Sale. Once that arrives head to customs and the Theft Unit. Head back over to the Title Office and apply for your title and plates. Go Ride and Watch Out for People Running Red Lights :wink:</br>

Any questions? PM me and I'll try to help you out.