PDA

View Full Version : Zongshen 250 clutch/trans...

Jay
03-03-2012, 09:47 PM
I bought a used 2006 Zongshen 250 w/ 1500k miles a few weeks ago. Worked great at first but now I cannot disengage the clutch. I squeeze the clutch as much as possible, but the bike keeps moving forward. Is the clutch bad? I'm in Atlanta and I don't think we have a dealer here. If it's the clutch, any idea how much trouble will it be for me to get a clutch here?

MICRider
03-03-2012, 09:57 PM
Have you checked the adjustment? You might need to shorten the cable a little by adjusting the knurled adjusters by the clutch lever. Clutches usually don't go that fast (unless your slipping the heck out of them rock crawling or something) so it's more than likely and adjustment issue.

Weldangrind
03-04-2012, 12:12 AM
Welcome!

Usually the opposite symptom occurs with a worn clutch, where the engine revs high, but you're not actually moving very fast. It most commonly presents while in high gear.

In your case, the clutch won't disengage, which suggest that the cable might be too tight. There should be an adjuster at the lever, at the clutch linkage and maybe mid-cable as well. The cable probably needs lube as well.

FastDoc
03-04-2012, 10:34 PM
Low and/or very dirty oil can also make a clutch hang up.

AustinConnell
03-30-2012, 04:40 PM
There is an adjustment on the side of the head of the bike. Pull it tight and screw the nut onto the the threads a bit more. This may take a bit of force, but will probably fix your issue. Also make sure that the cable tensioner is tight as well.

You being in Atlanta, there isn't much of a service community. Call Zongshen in Miami. Talk to Nester. He helps me out with a ton of things. I've revived my bike from the dead by using that dealer. They ship quickly and the parts are dirt cheap. 305-500-9989
I live in Gainesville about 50mi north of center atl and the shipping is always reasonable.