PDA

View Full Version : lf-200-b sprocket ?

kc9ixv
04-10-2012, 04:44 AM
Should my sprocket have a number of teeth on it or do you need to just count it? I keep forgetting to check it out. Lets say it is 42 teeth how low is to low to go in your opinion? It tops out at 65-70 mph depending on terrain and i notice that i can cruise at 35 mph in 5th gear and it just doesn't seem or feel right to me and would like to change my gear ratio. Im not out to have the fastest lf-200b but would like to possibly gain some mpg and mph and not be in 5th at 35 mph lol. I have an after market air filter and i am upping the main jet soon. :D

katoranger
04-10-2012, 07:44 AM
Some sprockets do have a stamp on them. I usually just count the teeth.

It may be easier to change the front sprocket if you have room. If it is a 17t then likely you are maxed out there. Since its a street bike you may be able to drop down to a 38T.

Find out what you currently have. Front and rear for sprockets. You can lower your in town revs, but you won't be able to really get any more top end.

kc9ixv
05-21-2012, 04:24 AM
Had to remove a chain link even though i read that it would be ok. It has lowered my rpm for sure at highway speed. Had 42t now 36t and i am glad i did not choose the 32t as it would be to small for sure. Wish i could find left side fairing and bottom cowl for this bike but no go so far. At 60 mph i went from 7.5k to 6k or so and it sure sounds better than before now that its not winding out lol. I weigh 212 and i have installed a 115 main jet and baffles are drilled through and aftermarket uni air filter and it will not red line unless under right conditions like going down hill etc. Any other modding suggestions? Is it worth running a straight pipe? Would that be really loud? Probably still quieter than a junk harley right? I wish we could make these sound like a real ninja exhaust wise. I also opened up the battery holder to hold a 14 amp battery! I had to cut the raised mount on the frame to lower the holder down and i grind ed the metal in front of battery to open the width. I highly recommend doing this especially if you have a stereo etc on your bike like me with an amplified speaker. Anyone know what is the biggest tire we can run on these? Mine is getting some dry rot. "rear tire"

Vorynn
03-26-2013, 06:44 AM
Had to remove a chain link even though i read that it would be ok. It has lowered my rpm for sure at highway speed. Had 42t now 36t and i am glad i did not choose the 32t as it would be to small for sure. Wish i could find left side fairing and bottom cowl for this bike but no go so far. At 60 mph i went from 7.5k to 6k or so and it sure sounds better than before now that its not winding out lol. I weigh 212 and i have installed a 115 main jet and baffles are drilled through and aftermarket uni air filter and it will not red line unless under right conditions like going down hill etc. Any other modding suggestions? Is it worth running a straight pipe? Would that be really loud? Probably still quieter than a junk harley right? I wish we could make these sound like a real ninja exhaust wise. I also opened up the battery holder to hold a 14 amp battery! I had to cut the raised mount on the frame to lower the holder down and i grind ed the metal in front of battery to open the width. I highly recommend doing this especially if you have a stereo etc on your bike like me with an amplified speakers (http://www.robustbuy.com/microphone-speakers-speakers-c-317_603_635.html). Anyone know what is the biggest tire we can run on these? Mine is getting some dry rot. "rear tire"

I am just planning to install new stereo system in by bike. Can you suggest me some good options? I don't have any knowledge but my budget is close to $300