PDA

View Full Version : South Bay Area rides?

Enduroadventure
05-08-2012, 05:04 AM
Does anyone ride in the area. I know skyline is a great place to ride always see other motorcycles up there. Any good spots on the peninsula?

FastDoc
05-08-2012, 12:08 PM
Highway 9, 1, 17, Pescadero, Santa Cruz, La Honda Road, Woodside, San Gregorio, Scott's Valley, Boulder Creek, Aptos, Interlaken, Hollister, Montara.

Nah. Nowhere to ride there :wink: .

All these places would be fine for a 200cc Chinabike. :P

I miss California so much I get chest pain.

Enduroadventure
05-16-2012, 08:04 PM
FastDoc,

I took the day off work today and decided to put some miles on my bike. I went up to skyline and had lunch at Alice's. Turns out the GM of Alice's is one of my good buddies from HS who i played baseball with every summer for 4 years. Great to see him and catch up (plus a free lunch). I continued the ride on highway 84, La Honda to the coast to San Gregorio State Beach, I took a second to enjoy the view and headed home. The ride was about 70 miles all together and I had a blast. Sorry no pictures at Alice's too many people driving around (next time), but it was packed with motorcycles as always. The top picture is of skyline about 7 miles south of Alice's in-between Woodside Rd. and Pagemill. and the second is on the first cut-out off 84 at San Gregorio State Beach.

http://i.imgur.com/1BZQFl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/7fxRnl.jpg

Weldangrind
05-17-2012, 01:56 AM
Yay! Free lunch! :D That caps off a great China Rider day.

Your bike looks really good with the naked look.

FastDoc
05-17-2012, 11:35 AM
Bike looks great. :D

I'm glad you are enjoying the amazingly stunning beauty of the area you live in.

My advice:

You can leave the Bay Area but don't leave California.

Much of the state is even MORE beautiful but less crowded and much more affordable. You can even leave the liberals if you so choose, although their politics will continue to influance the state.

I want more pics please. :P

keith217
06-04-2013, 12:27 PM
Well Looks like Fast Doc got it down. California is one of a kind. I always enjoy the scenery on my drive up to SF from SoCal.

FastDoc
06-04-2013, 12:48 PM
I gets hives if I go south of Santa Barbara, and I much prefer to stay at SLO and north ;-)

When I go back, it's going to be SLO.

California has GOT to get a hold of itself though. No way would I put up with their current tax structure.

FastDoc
06-04-2013, 01:11 PM
Just the income tax in California would cost me $19,000/year based on my current income. That's $1,600/month just for state income taxes. In Washington I pay zero for state income taxes. The weather in California would qualify as what I would call 'Much Better' than Washington about 3 months a year. That works out to $6,333/month of better riding weather.

Add in all the other taxes in California, like the annual fees on my vehicles and airplane, I'm out another $10,000/year compared to Washington.

Add in the fact I'd never earn as much there as I do here you can understand why for the time being at least, I choose to remain in what I refer to as The Great Frozen Desert.

FastDoc
06-04-2013, 01:13 PM
I have a semi-retirement plan that involves a 5th wheel toy hauler and a locum tenens job....

Weldangrind
06-04-2013, 07:35 PM
I have a semi-retirement plan that involves a 5th wheel toy hauler and a locum tenens job....

That's an excellent idea! Bikes, a slide-out fifth wheel and freedom. Perfect.

FastDoc
06-04-2013, 07:48 PM
The only issue is cats, but they are mobile enough. The other requirement is staying single, and that comes naturally for me.

Keep my home here. Work 9 months a year for Rand at my local hospital. 3 months take it on the road and work in Sunny California. Maybe live in the hospital's parking lot :-0

Weldangrind
06-04-2013, 08:00 PM
Maybe live in the hospital's parking lot :-0

Or the Walmart parking lot. 24 hour food and beer access.

FastDoc
06-04-2013, 08:17 PM
I don't eat very much and hardly drink, although the entertainment value of Wal Mart Shoppers would be worth it :-)

katoranger
06-05-2013, 10:56 AM
Doc's mobile clinic.

Weldangrind
06-05-2013, 11:17 AM
I don't eat very much and hardly drink, although the entertainment value of Wal Mart Shoppers would be worth it :-)

Free wifi at the Walmart McDonalds. You'd be able to show us pics of the people of Walmart.

katoranger
06-05-2013, 11:14 PM
Saw some good ones tonight at the local walmart. :hehe: I need a puking emoticon.