PDA

View Full Version : Motosports Unlimited on ebay

Mike38
06-03-2007, 01:39 AM
I don't normally reveal negative experiences about motorcycle dealers to the public, but I'm making an exception this time. The dealer is a guy that sells on ebay, and goes by the handle "Motosports Unlimited" out of Arizona. Motosports Unlimited 20216,North 33rd Street,
Phoenix, AZ 85050. I think there is also a "Motorsports Unlimited" (with an r) out there somewhere, so don't get the two mixed up. What happened was I bid on and won a new Chinese motorcycle, 150cc Loncin engine in a frame styled just like a KTM SX85. I won the bike with a bid of only $305, which I think made the guy mad because it went so low. But hey, he started the bidding at 99 cents, no reserve, so a deal is a deal. I paid him with a money order. He cashed the money order 10 days after I mailed it. At around day 20 I get a dispute in ebay saying I never paid the guy. I was finally able to convince him I paid, so he agreed to ship. At around day 30 I inquired about when I would be receiving the bike. He tells me that he's out of stock and it's backordered. At around day 40 he offers to refund my money. I told him no, I wanted the bike. I have reason to believe he was trying to get out of the sale because I got the bike so low. He was still listing and selling the same model on ebay. How can he sell and ship bikes that are claimed to be backordered? At around day 45 I opened a dispute for not receiving item. Same excuse, it's backordered. I then contacted Safe Harbor telling them the story. The very next day the seller says the bike is in, and will be shipped. At day 56 I finally receive the bike. Now please be advised that the bike is of very good quality, especially for the price, once I worked the bugs out. Had to replace the junk drive chain, install a better air filter, and work out a few electrical problems. All in all, I'm glad I bought the bike. Too bad it took 56 days to get it, when the seller's listing said shipment in 7 to 10 days. Bottom line, the bikes he sells are okay, the service is pure crap. Could be a break down in communication though. He speaks and writes very poor English. The guy sounds over the phone like he is from India. His phone number is listed in Arizona, but that doesn't mean he is actually in Arizona. Buyer beware on this guy!

Jim
06-03-2007, 02:37 AM
Glad you like the bike, to bad he is so bad to deal with, I definetly agree the guy was trying to jerk you around because of the price, good for you to holding him to the deal. If he wants a minimum price he should set the reserve or min bid appropriately.

AZ200cc
06-03-2007, 11:48 AM
My friend used to live on beardsley which is the next to that street that address is on. It is all residential..At least it was up to a couple years ago. Sounds like a fly by night dealer.

chocula
06-27-2007, 09:31 AM
Report him to EBay, he cannot sell items he does not have. YOu could probably get his account frozen or banned.