PDA

View Full Version : DZ hongdou 200

scotiaredd
07-09-2012, 02:17 PM
Messed about with bikes all my life always learning summit new with them.
Had break for couple year, then got the need for two wheels. strapped for
cash so i went for the china dz200 in may 2012.
So far i've enjoyed it. Bought for £500 with 350 miles on. now showing 1900.
Give it a couple of services. Noticed rattles coming from here and there which turned
out to be the exhaust shield bolt loose/engine guard loose and the key rattles in the ignition,
which causes a rattle, fix the ignition later lol.
Very suprised at the cost of new parts. The regulator gave in and only cost me £8. Sweet.
Having messed around with jap stuff the OM parts can be horrendous.
As for all the neg feedback seems to come from owners with the 125cc varients. Ie: In the
UK this means new riders 17year old. 99% at that age dont think about maintanence.
So i suppose there going to rattle to bits like my old Honda fiftys did when i was 16-17.
If your looking to go the chinese route i would reccomend. F*** the neg comments.
People also whinge about the plastics to brittle. F**** me you can buy the full set for
£80 LOL. Owned a Bandit once and it cost me £420 for a new tank because some TWAT Knocked it over
and destroyed... Thats summit to whinge about ...
Goin to do a few mods. Jet and filter.
Good tip is buy a toolbox and learn to maintain you'll not regret... Plus good to know your own ride.

Just added K&N Filter and up main jet to a 115. Makes a good diffrence.
Would reccomend this mod as a cheap option. Cost £15 and took half hour to do...

Weldangrind
07-09-2012, 02:27 PM
Welcome! It sounds like you're well-immersed in the China bike lifestyle. Got pics?

FastDoc
07-09-2012, 02:43 PM
Welcome.

Your observations are shared by many on this forum. We would love to see pics of you and or your bike in your native habitat. :P

scotiaredd
07-09-2012, 02:55 PM
yes i've got one on mobile phone when i took it green laning on the cheviots in northumberland. should have it uploaded later, i will upload more over the next week or two on the gallery section. Cheers

SpudRider
07-17-2012, 02:38 AM
Welcome! We are glad you joined us. :D

We recommend you use a photographic host site such as Photobucket. You can learn to post photos on these forums by reading the following threads. :)

http://chinariders.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=11188
http://www.chinariders.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=6240

We eagerly await your photographs! :D

Spud :)