PDA

View Full Version : Xt225 headers for fmf exhaust

Pabesco
09-15-2012, 01:19 PM
Good afternoon guys, I've been reading and searching but can't seem to find the headers to use for the fmf exhaust I want to install on my zong. Can I use the stock header or would it be much better to change it? If changing would be best can someone please if possible send a link to a store or two where it can be bought , thanks guys and have a great day

Pabesco
09-15-2012, 02:01 PM
I saw one on eBay finally but the seller seems to be trying to squeeze money out of the buyers. He's selling the header without the heat shield for $35 plus $20 shipping , then he's selling the heat shield for $25 and shipping for $10.
What do you guys think about this ,
Thanks

Weldangrind
09-15-2012, 05:48 PM
To me, if it's stainless steel, it's totally worth it.

Pabesco
09-16-2012, 09:18 PM
Sounds like I will be ordering this header. Lol. Thanks man.

Pabesco
09-16-2012, 09:23 PM
This might seem odd but I haven't even seen my bike yet , just pics of it. It's still waiting to be shipped from Miami to Nassau Bahamas. I'm just making sure I have all of the info needed before riding, I will change the oil before putting it on the road also clean the carb and refill with gas, inspect the chain then install the exhaust the following week.
Bike shoud be here on Thursday and should be on the road the following week after these things are done.
Any other suggestions before putting it through the paces?
Thanks guys

Weldangrind
09-17-2012, 12:31 AM
I would buy a cable luber and lubricate the clutch and throttle cables well. If they're dry, they can break. I use Maxima Chain Wax on cables and chains.

SpudRider
09-17-2012, 01:44 AM
You certainly can use the stock exhaust header on your Zong to mount an FMF Universal Spark Arrestor. However, I installed a Yamaha, XT225 exhaust header, and I am very pleased with it. :)

I suggest you also check the valve clearances soon after you bike arrives. You can learn to perform this procedure by reading the following thread. :)

http://chinariders.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=6458

Spud :)

Pabesco
09-17-2012, 02:00 AM
Thank you guys for your help. I will see if I can find that luber here. Or find something similar. Also I have read the thread and will definitely check the clearance before riding.
Thanks again guys. I will also be ordering the header and fmf muffler tomorrow

Pabesco
09-17-2012, 02:06 AM
Quick question. What is the difference between the round turbinecore2 and the more oval turbinecore11? Which one of these should I order?

SpudRider
09-17-2012, 02:43 AM
Quick question. What is the difference between the round turbinecore2 and the more oval turbinecore11? Which one of these should I order?
I suggest you purchase the FMF Universal Spark Arrrestor; it only comes in an oval shape. I provided the appropriate model number and links to several vendors in one of your other threads. ;)

Spud :)