PDA

View Full Version : Mods to help performance and help prolong engine life?

Pabesco
09-16-2012, 04:26 PM
Good day to all, just a quick question to you very knowledgeable guys
I know that by changing the exhaust and sprocket would boost performance but would it also help to relieve strain on the engine and transmission at the same time?

MICRider
09-16-2012, 11:15 PM
I don't think the mods would prolong engine life... The best way to do that is regular maintenance. Regular oil changes, keeping your air cleaner clean and well oiled and setting the valves when needed. I also try to keep my bikes well away from the redline, I hate to hear 'em scream :lol:

FastDoc
09-17-2012, 12:08 AM
+1

Change the oil, keep the air filter clean AND OILED if applicable, check the valves.

ALSO don't let the bike sit. Riding regularly is important.

SpudRider
09-17-2012, 01:56 AM
As usual, I agree with my fellow moderators. ;) I own the same bike as you, a Zongshen 200GY-2. I change the engine oil every 1,000 miles, and inspect/adjust the valve lash every 3,000 miles. I clean the air filter frequently, and oil the air filter with BelRay Foam Filter Oil.

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/images/prod/400/b/bel_11_foa_fil_oil_1_lit.jpg

Perform these maintenance procedures religiously, and your Zong will give you many reliable, happy miles of riding fun. I now have over 52,000 miles on my Zong's odometer. :)

Spud :)