PDA

View Full Version : Is a china bike right for me?

Jeremy
06-12-2007, 03:17 PM
Hi my name is Jeremy VanSchoonhoven,
As you can tell from the title of this post I am new to this site and have a few questions. I already used the search and looked at the FAQ so pleas dont flame me yet.

I have spend the last two days on this site looking up stuff and have found it to be a great resourse for info on the china bikes!

I am thinking about getting a motorcycle to save on gas. I make a 40 mile trip to town and back twice a week and in my Jeep it costs about $10 a trip that comes to $80 a month in gas! if gas keeps going up I will be spending over $100 a month just to go to town let alone daily driving and trips.

I am looking for a bike that has all these qualitys.

#1 Can comfurtably go 55-60MPH on the flat.

#2 Gets at least 60-70MPG on avrage.

#3 Is comfturable to ride.

#4 Will be safe to ride without falling apart.

I have not decided if I want an Enduro or a street bike yet. do the street bikes ride a lot better on road then the Enduros? do they get better gas milage?

I am afraid that the enduro would not hold up to hard offroad use and I am a professional stunt bike rider so I might be tempted to get a little crazy on it and I dont want to hurt myself becasue I got a cheap bike and it broke.

I dont have much money to spend but for my use do you think it would be better for me to get a used Ninja 250 or go with someting like the lifan LF200?

Thanks for your time!

Jeremy

chinarider
06-12-2007, 04:48 PM
I would say if you read my post (http://www.chinariders.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1884) and your still willing to try it then go for it.

If you don't want to deal with the broken stuff and stuff falling off, then get the ninja.

I don't mind tinkering but I have a second bike.

Jeremy
06-12-2007, 05:19 PM
Thanks for your reply! I already read your post before starting this topic.
It sounds to me like most of the things that go wrong with the bikes are easy to fix if you know anything about mechanical stuff.

I grew up on a farm so I learned to work on the equipment and make things work so I am not afraid to tinker with the bike. Just wondering if it will hold up for very long? I plan on riding it about 550miles a month. Do you think it will last me over a year with that kind of mileage?

Thanks again!
Jeremy

MOTOXtreme
06-12-2007, 09:51 PM
The LF200 gone through and set up properly is a good little bike. As far as ride quality, the LF200 takes the cheese over the Enduro bikes hands down. But then again, its two diff. worlds. I have put miles on both style bikes so if your just looking to commute, go for it.

AZ200cc
06-12-2007, 09:59 PM
If You can afford the used Ninja I would go for that, The china bikes are fine but the parts for the Ninja are easier to get and You can mod it with performance parts. But if Cash is tight and You don't mind working on the bike and checking it once a day or so on..Buy the Lifan..If prepped right they can be a good basic bike.

Jeremy
06-13-2007, 03:38 AM
do you guys know of anyone in southern oregon who owns a LF200?
I would love to test ride one but dont know where to find one

Jeremy

culcune
06-13-2007, 10:35 AM
If you don't mind "experimenting" a Chinese sport bike is the way to go. I personally would not count out the Korean bikes, the Hyosung or UM model 250's are supposed to be superior to the Ninja as far as speed is concerned. For piece or mind, the Ninja would be the best bet. If you can afford it, get a Ninja and an American Lifan enduro.

Jeremy
06-13-2007, 06:21 PM
Thanks for your help.
Jeremy