PDA

View Full Version : Fuel selector position

Pabesco
09-30-2012, 11:27 PM
Good evening to all, quick question, I need to know the correct position of the fuel switch on my zong, this is my first china bike and I'm not sure, I did some reading but couldn't find it, is it supposed to be up or down, middle is shut off
Thanks guys

SpudRider
09-30-2012, 11:55 PM
Good evening to all, quick question, I need to know the correct position of the fuel switch on my zong, this is my first china bike and I'm not sure, I did some reading but couldn't find it, is it supposed to be up or down, middle is shut off
Thanks guys
I gave my Zong's original fuel tank to Weldangrind, but I seem to remember the fuel lever works the same as all my other motorcycles. ;) When the long arm of the lever is pointing down, the main part of the fuel tank is selected. When the long arm of the lever is pointing up, the reserve part of the fuel tank is selected. ;)

Spud :)

Weldangrind
10-01-2012, 12:16 AM
That's correct (I was riding it yesterday :D ). The Zong valve is unusual in that it has a small arrow that points up when the lever is down, and there is a small symbol of a full tank that the arrow points to. All of my previous bikes simply used the lever as the arrow, and used the word FULL or RES.