PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have wiring to lf200gy5 headlight?

Tj_saxon
10-09-2012, 04:53 PM
I am about to swap out the original headlight which has 2 bulbs for a round head light which only uses one bulb. I am not sure since I haven't got the light yet but if I am correct when I plug it in the light wont come on unless the bike is set to high beam (if it even comes on then). So I am thinking I will need to re wire it to where the low beam is sending power, the high beam is sending power and the ground. Or would it be low beam sending power and the wire that tells the high beam to come on and ground? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Also if all I will have to do is plug it in that would be good to know too =P

Tj_saxon
10-10-2012, 01:42 AM
Let me ask a different question has anyone put in a different headlight at all?

SpudRider
10-10-2012, 02:31 AM
I installed a Baja Designs headlight on my Honda XR650L; it was simple to install. :)

What model motorcycle do you own? Is one of your headlight bulbs a small running light? What size bulbs are you using in your current headlight? Can you post a photograph of your current headlight? Do you have a wiring diagram for your motorcycle?

Spud :)

Tj_saxon
10-10-2012, 05:03 PM
I own a lifan 200 gy-5. It has a small light and a big light ( I am not big on motorcycles lol) I dont know bulbs, I can post a photo later hopefully and no I dont.

(also) another quick question, my speedo doesn't work due there being no speedo cable. I looked on the under side of it and there are two holes. One below the actual speedo and another below the tach. Nothing is plugged into either but my tach works fine...whats with that?

Weldangrind
10-11-2012, 12:50 AM
Your tach is electric, not cable driven. The hole under it might be for a missing light socket.

Wild_Alaskan
10-11-2012, 11:05 AM
for your light there is a wire for the highbean 12v+ and the lowbeam 12v+ and a ground (green). you can put one or both the + wires to the bulb, if you hook up just one it will turn off with the switch on one setting, with both it will be always on. the ground needs to go to the lead that comes off the housing (side of the base of the bulb)