PDA

View Full Version : Wheel conversion to 18 inch rear

Pabesco
10-12-2012, 01:34 AM
Hey spud I contacted Buchanan and they responded saying they don't have records of the rear hub I described to them via email. And that i would have to send a sample. There isn't a way I can send a sample without taking the bike off the road and I can't do that. Do you think they might have a record of the spokes you purchased form them so myself and others like me can order the right spokes without disabiling the bike?
Thanks in advance spud

Wild_Alaskan
10-12-2012, 10:46 AM
if you have a caliper and measure the the diameter between opposing spoke holes in the hub, and the distance between the two sides that spokes mount to, i think they will be able to do it.

Pabesco
10-14-2012, 08:51 PM
Thanks for the suggestion but I don't have one of those. I'll see if I may be able to borrow one.

SpudRider
10-16-2012, 01:18 AM
The next time you change the rear tire, remove a single spoke and send it to Buchanan's. Your rear wheel will be fine missing only 1 spoke for a short period of time. ;)

Spud :)

Pliskin
10-17-2012, 04:56 AM
The next time you change the rear tire, remove a single spoke and send it to Buchanan's. Your rear wheel will be fine missing only 1 spoke for a short period of time. :wink:
Simple solutions are always the best, and I learned something new. :)

Pabesco
10-17-2012, 07:44 PM
thats great news, thanks spud, i will be sending this to them as soon as i get my bike back on the road again