PDA

View Full Version : 2006 hi-bird 200gy

turbokiller
10-28-2012, 04:59 PM
So I just bought a Hi-bird qh200gy a couple weeks ago that was a running riding basket case. None of the plastics are decent, the intake boot has a huge crack in it, none of the lights were working, the tach wasn't working, the spedo was working but jumped a ton and seemed innacurate(cable finally broke on it this weekend), the top center tripple tree nut is missing and the tripple tree is super loose so it will need attention, and the gear indicator only works about 25% of the time. I've been putting some time and money into it trying to get it decent before it gets too cold to keep riding but I'm at a standstill with a few things.

The main thing I'm trying to do right now is get the gearing to a little bit more road friendly, it's at 2.67 now with 15t front and 40t rear. I'm looking for something a little closer to 2.4 or 2.5 and am not sure where to start looking. Any help would be greatly appreciated and I can post some pics when I get a Little more time of anything specific you would like to see.

katoranger
10-28-2012, 05:51 PM
I would install a 17t countershaft sprocket. The bike sounds pretty rough.

turbokiller
10-28-2012, 06:07 PM
That's kinda what I was hoping to do, I just don't know what will fit it. And I've gotten all the lights on it working, put a new rear tire on it, halfway fixed most of the plastics, i put a new rear shock on it, ordered a new intake boot and pod filter for it. The three things I'm trying to get done now are the gearing, the tach, and the speedo. I'm thinking about a new speedo/tach unit from ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-LCD-Digital-Odometer-Speedometer-Tachometer-Motorcycle-W-Backlight-/251141972806?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a793a6346&vxp=mtr

SpudRider
10-28-2012, 08:25 PM
That's a nice looking speedometer/tachometer! Please keep us updated regarding your installation of that unit! :)

Spud :)