PDA

View Full Version : Schedule for zong Sierra

Pabesco
11-07-2012, 08:57 PM
Good evening to all. Hope all is well. This is a question especially for spud and weld. No disrespect to all the other knowledgable zong owners.
I was wondering if you could possibly put some type of maintenance schedule together as a sort of guide line for other owners. I myself find it a bit difficult to try to remember when I am to check the chain then change the oil then brakes fluid...... Etc.
can you help the rest of us to keep our bikes running in great condition. I know that iv seen diagrams and schematics on this forum and I think many of us could profit greatly from something printable that we could go by.
I know that unless I write everything down I won't remember most things and I know I'm not the only one. Lol.
Some of the things would be
Oil change
Oil filter change or clean
Fork oil check or change
Break fluid check and change
Chain check clean and oil
Break shoes and pad check or change
Cable lubing
Spark plug check or change
Air filter cleaning or change
Check spokes
Tire air pressure and ware
Muffler repacking
And anything else I can't think of right now.
Thanks guys

SpudRider
11-08-2012, 04:05 AM
The Zongshen User's Manual has a maintenance schedule on page 20. ;) However, I follow these guidelines for the maintenance items you mentioned.

I change the motor oil every time the odometer turns 1,000 miles. If you have a metric speedometer, change the engine oil every time the odometer turns 2,000 kilometers. If you follow this practice, you will never forget to change the motor oil. ;)

I clean the oil filter filter every time I change the motor oil.

I didn't change my Zong's fork oil until I needed to replace the fork oil seals. If the forks are functioning properly, I think you might change the fork oil every 35,000 miles or so. ;)

You should check the brake fluid on a regular basis. If the fluid isn't cloudy, I will change the brake fluid every other year.

You should check the brake pads and brake shoes every time you remove a wheel. ;) When the pads are worn, replace them. I haven't needed to replace my front brake pads in 52,000 miles of riding. 8O I recently replaced the rear brake shoes; it was the first time. :)

I have a cable luber, but I must admit, I don't use it very often. :roll: One should probably lube the cables every year. ;)

You should check the spark plug gap after every oil change. Spark plugs are inexpensive. ;) I suggest you change the spark plug every 5,000 miles. :)

You should inspect the air filter every time you wash the motorcycle. If the air filter is noticeably dirty, you should clean and re-oil it. ;) The Zong's air filter is very easy to clean and oil. :)

You should inspect the spokes, and tighten them, every time you remove a wheel.

You should quickly inspect the tires for wear and proper pressure before every ride. ;) When the tires are worn you should replace them for proper safety. You only have two tires, and you can't carry a spare; therefore, you should be very diligent to keep your tires in good condition. ;)

I have placed a thread in the Zong Sticky regarding muffler repacking. This thread presents many good tips to help you know when you need to repack your muffler. :)

Spud :)

Weldangrind
11-08-2012, 10:09 AM
*ahem*

What he said.

:lol:

SpudRider
11-08-2012, 03:28 PM
*ahem*

What he said.

Spud :lol:

Pabesco
11-08-2012, 04:25 PM
Thanks once again for the wealth of knowledge. Total agreement with you too weld. "What he said". Lol. Now i will make up a schedule sheet according to this. Thanks zong master

wilserchinarider
11-10-2012, 07:39 AM
Well it's your bike and you can choose any maintenance schedule you like. But I am a bit conservative, therefore I am waiting for Spud to hit 100k just to be sure his maintenance schedule is field proven. :P

SpudRider
11-10-2012, 04:14 PM
Well it's your bike and you can choose any maintenance schedule you like. But I am a bit conservative, therefore I am waiting for Spud to hit 100k just to be sure his maintenance schedule is field proven. :P

Spud :)