PDA

View Full Version : A new type of stupid.

FastDoc
11-09-2012, 05:08 PM
SUV pulls out in front of airplane at point blank range while plane is on short final to landing.

Listen to the audio towards the end of the clip. The airport manager is asking, "Why did you pull out in front of an airplane?" and the woman is dumb enough to deny it! "I didn't pull out in front of an airplane!"

Unfreaking believable.

http://www.whas11.com/news/177227511.html

midlifekrisiz
11-09-2012, 05:13 PM
i question why there is a road at the end of the runway that anyone can drive on. :?

FastDoc
11-09-2012, 05:23 PM
That's a good question. I don't think that's a good idea either, but airports with roads like that have a sign saying "CAUTION, LOOK FOR LOW FLYING AIRPLANES"

The student pilot was helpless. An experienced pilot could have aborted the landing (a go-around) but if that manuver is not done correctly the results could have been much worse. I'll bet the student pilot couldn't believe his eyes and was shocked for long enough he was not able to react. Anyone could understand that.

I think he did an acceptable job under the circumstances.

SpudRider
11-09-2012, 10:33 PM
It's frightening when you realize any idiot can get a driver's license. :roll:

Spud :)

FastDoc
11-09-2012, 11:09 PM
Amen Brother Spud. :cry:

Krasi_BG
11-10-2012, 11:53 AM

And in the same time, there is no licensing for producing offsprings :lol:

Weldangrind
11-10-2012, 12:51 PM

And in the same time, there is no licensing for producing offsprings :lol:

Yet, you need a license to catch a fish.

FastDoc
11-10-2012, 01:48 PM
The student pilot had only minor injuries, thank God.

I suspect the plane will not be repairable and will be parted out.

The prop hitting the ground neccitates a rebuild, the prop is obviously ruined. Ripping off the landing gear like that doubtless damaged the airframe horribly. Plus the wing that hit the runway, and the belly...

The student pilot said he was going to give up. I hope he changes his mind.

2LZ
11-15-2012, 03:36 PM
While there is a sign that says to watch for low flying airplanes.....I see people run signs of all types, all the time.

I know you're a pilot Doc and obviously, 'car vs plane' may cross your mind more than others.

On a daily basis though....I look for airplanes probably.....I don't know... zero percent of the time while I'm driving? Just a guess........... I don't even think "Look for low flying airplanes" is in any DMV manual! :lol:
I mean really....how often do we look up while driving either a car or motorcycle? Maybe.....almost never?

That whole "Car and plane being on the same path" thing has to be fixed there. I'm not even sure how it was even allowed to be built like that.
I'd say that's, by far, the biggest issue there.

FastDoc
11-15-2012, 03:47 PM
Agreed, 2LZ.

On the other hand to obeying a stop sign, next to a runway, on an airport would be indicated. Looking for planes on 88 heading to Tahoe is one thing, but while driving on Amador County Airport property is something else.

Weldangrind
11-15-2012, 09:08 PM
Common sense is all too uncommon.

FastDoc
11-16-2012, 11:16 AM
As I see it it's no different than the soccer mom in a Subaru turning left right in front of a motorcyclist riding the opposite direction. 'I never saw him. I spilled my latte. Who's gonna pay for that? Where IS my cell phone!' :x

FastDoc
11-19-2012, 04:12 PM
http://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/news/172_Hits_Truck_207715-1.html

More stupid driver tricks.

This time 3 people were burned to death in the airplane.

The vehicle driver was uninjured.

The driver in this case was a pilot. Double stupid.