PDA

View Full Version : Oil leak

Pabesco
12-07-2012, 09:23 PM
Good day to all. Hope all is well. I have an oil leak on my zong and can't quite figure out exactly where it's comi g form. Where are the most common spots for a leak to come from? I checked the o ring seals on the valve covers and the screw that you test to see if oil is pumping to the head and they seem fine. Thanks for any assistance.

SpudRider
12-08-2012, 03:19 AM
Good day to all. Hope all is well. I have an oil leak on my zong and can't quite figure out exactly where it's comi g form. Where are the most common spots for a leak to come from? I checked the o ring seals on the valve covers and the screw that you test to see if oil is pumping to the head and they seem fine. Thanks for any assistance.
Where did you notice the oil leak? If you don't know the exact location of the oil leak, I suggest you spray the engine with brake cleaner, then wash the bike. Once the engine is clean you should be able to determine the location of any oil leak. ;)

Spud :)

Pabesco
12-09-2012, 03:07 AM
Thanks spud. I cleaned the engine and bike and tried to determin where it's coming from but still not sure. I will strip down to the froe tomorrow to see u der the gas tank. It's time to service anyway. Thanks again

Pabesco
12-21-2012, 04:34 AM
Turned out to be one of the bolts on the timing chain cover was loose. Thanks guys. Good night