PDA

View Full Version : Arizona-easy as could be

culcune
12-14-2012, 12:19 AM
Arrived at the Yuma MVD branch about 3:50pm. They close at 5, but stop issuing driving permit testing at 4; I needed to get a new permit since the last one expired 2 years ago. I never did take my mc riding skills, but intend to do so within the next few weeks.

My other transaction was changing the certificate of origin into a title and registration. The bike was originally sold to someone from Supersportz; there was no buyer listed. I had bought it from a private party who got it from an acquintance who was supposed to use it in a movie; supposedly to destroy it(a fitting end for a Chinese bike). Needless to say, the movie never was filmed, and the final seller could not register it in Kalifornia.

I pretended that I bought it directly from Supersportz for $1400, and after about 15 minutes, they fudged the manufacturer, TMEC, into the system, and I had a plate. By 4:35, I started the computer permit test, and 10 minutes later, at 4:50, I also had my permit. The bonus was that I never even had to have it inspected!

Weldangrind
12-14-2012, 12:53 AM
It's nice to hear when things go smoothly at the DMV. Congrats!

SpudRider
12-14-2012, 01:08 AM
It's nice to hear when things go smoothly at the DMV. Congrats!
X2! Congratulations. :D

Spud :)

FastDoc
12-14-2012, 11:05 AM
Glad to hear it! I always find the DOL a stressful place. You never know what they will (or won't) do!