PDA

View Full Version : Ohio, thinkin' about a GY200

braindead0
06-18-2007, 09:48 AM
Long time rider, currently riding a '01 ZRX-1200... We purchased a 1978 GS-550 for my wife a few years ago ($200, ran okay...) , I did a complete rebuild... but.. well, my wife is an artist and she's been working on painting the tank..well for a long time.

She's a bit scared of the GS-550 as well.. We started looking for a used dual purpose for a knock-about learn on bike... and sheesh, people out here think that 20year old XL's are worth $2000.... gimme a break.

Look like a Lifan GY200 would be perfect...and nobody will cry when she drops it.

Now I just have to browse around here, and make sure we purchase from the right people.

ejcycles
06-18-2007, 12:29 PM
Hi braindead0

Welcome to ChinaRiders!!
I sent you a PM.

braindead0
06-18-2007, 01:06 PM
Thanks for the welcome, I sent you a PM back ;-)

katoranger
06-18-2007, 01:42 PM
Welcome, Bruce is highly recommended here. It is recommended to purchase from a local dealer if possible.

Allen

braindead0
06-18-2007, 03:43 PM
Welcome, Bruce is highly recommended here. It is recommended to purchase from a local dealer if possible.
AllenPerhaps it's recommended for people who may have need of local service, something I have no use for.

The only reason we're even considering this bike is price, and quite frankly the prices I'm seeing on the net (from legit AL dealers, some even brick and morter) are the absolute most we'd ever pay for a bike of this quality.

Don't take me wrong, I'm not bashing, just stating my opinion based on a detailed review of the problems posted here and elsewhere. I can handle the various issues no problem. But at some point the time and hassle isn't worth the cheaper price.

ejcycles
06-20-2007, 04:26 AM
Don't take me wrong, I'm not bashing, just stating my opinion based on a detailed review of the problems posted here and elsewhere. I can handle the various issues no problem. But at some point the time and hassle isn't worth the cheaper price.

Opinions are opinions. That's really funny, because my customers have had very few if any problems with The American Lifan bikes I have sold. For a matter of fact I only had one come back with a major issue and American Lifan took care of it. There has only been one issue with any of the quality Chinese Bikes & Quads that I sell. Not like some of the Grey market & other internet sellers and all of the other brands that are out there. I have a very satisfied customer base for all of the vehicles I have sold, new or used.

katoranger
06-20-2007, 12:21 PM
I think for the price I paid, I got an excellent bike. I got the minor issues worked out and it hasn't let me down.

If you don't need the service help and are not concerned about getting it registered or finding parts then the internet sellers are fine. There are some good ones that people have ordered from.

Allen

MOTOXtreme
06-20-2007, 05:57 PM
Welcome to Chinariders. Use the wealth of information here to your advantage. :D

RPM
06-20-2007, 07:01 PM
Welcome!

You have come to the right place for information on these bikes. Many to choose from and even more places to buy from. Just be careful and do your homework. Some sellers offer little to support their products, but you will not encounter that problem through a dealer.
Many are here to help with questions, so fire away when you need an answer. Good luck with your choice and if I can be of any assistance, feel free to ask.
Bruce is there in Ohio, too, so if you need to take a look at some Lifan models, you can stop by his place. I am sure he would cut you a deal on a new GY-5.

Ride safe!
Tom
RPM

TheOtherRide
06-21-2007, 01:39 PM
Welcome!

blimpman
06-21-2007, 06:46 PM

Allen

+1 I bought my Lifan GY20-5 from him.