PDA

View Full Version : Ignition

culcune
12-23-2012, 11:39 PM
Well, it is Chinese, so of course, something had to give out. The item was the ignition would no longer work. The handlebars were locked, and when I went to start it, it stayed locked. I played around with itto no avail, and ended up removing it. Excalibur has TMEC parts, but no ignition. Are the TMECs compatible with other Chinese enduros, or any bikesfor that matter?[/b]

SpudRider
12-25-2012, 02:08 AM
Well, it is Chinese, so of course, something had to give out. The item was the ignition would no longer work. The handlebars were locked, and when I went to start it, it stayed locked. I played around with itto no avail, and ended up removing it. Excalibur has TMEC parts, but no ignition. Are the TMECs compatible with other Chinese enduros, or any bikesfor that matter?[/b]
Can you post a photograph of the ignition switch? I think the same ignition switch is used on many Chinese motorcycles. I wouldn't be surprised if my Zong employs the same ignition switch as your TMEC 200. ;)

Spud :)

culcune
12-25-2012, 02:50 PM
I found the entire ignition in the UK on Ebay, for over £70 +£10 shipping :x , but then foundthe ignition part that broke at motopartsmax for $14 including shipping. The rest of the assembly could possibly be reused if the ignition I bought is compatible, or I will just rig it to work on its own.