PDA

View Full Version : Recommended Sport Bike Modifications

wjsteele
06-21-2007, 09:15 AM
I just received my 2007 LF200 Sport Bike. Got it all together and did all the recommended (or required) fixes.

Now. I've run into two problems that I'm sure others will. First the plugs for the wiring harnesses seem to be loose. Removing each of them and replugging them back in firmly seems to be an ok fix, but I also used a bit of heat shring around the connectors to firmly hold them in place. The second issue that I had was that the rear brake light was always on. It turns out that the switch was welded about 1 cm too high, even adjusted all the way down. I had to remove the spring (that goes between the switch and the brake lever) and bend it so that it was longer. Simple fix.

I also added one other thing that some people might find interesting. I got one of those backup cameras for Christmas. With the placement of the mirror on this bike, I can't see directly behind me, so.... I just installed this camera (it's got a 2" screen") directly above the speedo and voila, I can now see behind me. Works great and doesn't vibrate.

Now. After putting about 100 miles on it, I'd like to get a little more speed out of it. Btw, the odometer is in Km, even though there are no Km markings on it and the speedo is in Mph - or at least something close to it. Anyway, I've heard about changing sprockets on the enduro version of the Lifan with replacments from Honda, but this bike seems to have a smaller sprocket than the ones discussed. It is a 40 tooth rear sprocket. I'm sure that if I went with something smaller, it'd help keep the engine from winding out.

Thoughts... has anyone else found a sutible repalcement for it? Oh, one last thought. I'm going to remove all the farings and paint the inside of them black. I think that will help hide the "cheapness" of the current ones. Anyone else tried this? (BTW, my bike is Green.)

Thanks,

Bill

Jim
06-21-2007, 08:01 PM
thats a good idea with the paint, thats the main thing I noticed looking at ads for those bikes was the inside of the fairings showing through...

MOTOXtreme
06-21-2007, 11:45 PM
Interesting, painting inside the fairing :) Overall a pretty good little bike for sure.

Where did you purchase it?

Good luck with your mods.

wjsteele
06-22-2007, 09:05 AM
Where did you purchase it?

I got it from http://www.pocket-bikes-wholesale.com who apparently get them from http://www.rabbitscooters.com. I actually got it for a real good price, however... much cheaper that what they currently have listed.

Now that I have about 200 miles on it... it's developed a rattle... which appears to be a baffle that has come loose in the muffler. I'm going to get my bore scope out and see if I can identify it and hopefully squirt some high temp epoxy in to lock it down. Otherwise, I'll have to replace it, because it's loud.

Bill

Jim
06-22-2007, 10:14 AM
:evil: I hate rabbitscooters

my gy5 has the muffler rattle too, it is common I think

katoranger
06-22-2007, 10:39 PM
You may just want to find a different muffler to use. Maybe one from a 250 ninja or something. I suspect my muffler to loosen a baffle eventually if it stays on the bike.

Allen

almonpoole
06-23-2007, 01:47 AM
Hi,

Go over and read through our little forum @ www.lifan-moto.com and you will find out about sprockets and all sorts of cools things about this bike.

Almon

wjsteele
06-23-2007, 05:06 PM
Hi,

Go over and read through our little forum @ www.lifan-moto.com and you will find out about sprockets and all sorts of cools things about this bike.

Almon

Thanks Almon, Found exactly what I need and will be ordering the sprockets on Monday.

Bill