PDA

View Full Version : roketa dualsport Monrovia, California

edtardo
01-24-2013, 04:34 PM
Found this on ebay, thought someone in the area would like it

http://www.ebay.com/itm/roketa-200cc-dirt-bike-/130838982791?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e769c7087&vxp=mtr

FastDoc
01-24-2013, 05:05 PM
Good deal. New and $200 shipping.

SpudRider
01-24-2013, 08:59 PM
Thanks for letting us know, Edtardo. That seems like a pretty good deal. :)

Spud :)

Weldangrind
01-25-2013, 12:27 AM
Great price! Too bad I'd never get it across the border.

keithert
01-25-2013, 09:22 AM
How are the Roketas? Is this one a Honda or Yamaha clone?

SpudRider
01-25-2013, 09:53 AM
The Roketa has a Honda clone engine. To the best of my knowledge, the Zongshen 200GY-2 was the only Yamaha clone imported into North America. ;)

FastDoc
01-25-2013, 12:09 PM
It's an outstanding price and would make a good 1st CB for anyone!

That price is a match for the best prices we saw and miss from a few years ago.

A little unusual it has a drum rear brake and a conventional fork.

keithert
01-25-2013, 12:22 PM
I'm watching it. On thumpertalk another person from Illinois was able to title and register that same model. I've sent him an e-mail for details.

katoranger
01-25-2013, 02:22 PM
Does it have the proper paperwork to get the title in IL?

FastDoc
01-25-2013, 02:28 PM
The listing is sparse on info.

keithert
01-25-2013, 02:39 PM
Does it have the proper paperwork to get the title in IL?

I asked the seller a question and they responded "MCO TITLE WILL BE PROVIDED UPON SALE".

I'm not sure if I'll bid or not. Seems a little light on details. Might ask seller to call me.

FastDoc
01-25-2013, 03:13 PM
I'd want to speak to him or her.

I titled a Chinese D/S in WA with an MSO, Bill of Sale, and odomerter statement.

edtardo
01-25-2013, 03:50 PM
Thanks for letting us know, Edtardo. That seems like a pretty good deal. :)

Always happy to help. If I had the money I would jump on it, but figured there would be some one on here that would be interested :D

SpudRider
01-25-2013, 04:28 PM
I'd want to speak to him or her.

I titled a Chinese D/S in WA with an MSO, Bill of Sale, and odomerter statement.
X2 on all points. ;) The seller should be willing to talk with you over the telephone. Also, I only needed ten minutes to register my Zongshen 200GY-2 in Idaho. I provided the DMV with an MCO, a receipt/bill of sale, and an odometer statement from the local police. :)

SpudRider
01-25-2013, 04:31 PM
I'm watching it. On thumpertalk another person from Illinois was able to title and register that same model. I've sent him an e-mail for details.
I strongly encourage you to contact the local DMV for accurate details regarding registration in your state. The folks at the DMV will know exactly what the law requires, and these are the same people who will either accept, or reject your application. ;)

keithert
01-25-2013, 04:48 PM
I strongly encourage you to contact the local DMV for accurate details regarding registration in your state. The folks at the DMV will know exactly what the law requires, and these are the same people who will either accept, or reject your application. ;)

I called the Illinois Secretary of State's main office and asked if I had the MCO, bill of sale, and odometer statement is that all that is needed to get a title and plates. The person said yes but wasn't give me much in the way of details. So I asked what was it that proved it was a street legal vehicle. I asked if the MCO proved that to them and she said yes. But she didn't give me any details. Basically answered my questions with a yes or no answer.

FastDoc
01-25-2013, 04:58 PM
Guv'ment worker. :cry:

keithert
01-25-2013, 05:03 PM
Does the MCO have to be made out to me generally? I though I'd read of issues when it was made out to the seller.

FastDoc
01-25-2013, 05:20 PM
I don't remember but I don't think so. The MCO was semi-generic, the Bill Of Sale is specific, IIRC.

SpudRider
01-25-2013, 05:24 PM
Does the MCO have to be made out to me generally? I though I'd read of issues when it was made out to the seller.
I believe FastDoc is correct. The MCO (Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin) is generic. The bill of sale is specific.

I would still suggest you contact your local DMV; they are the people you will be dealing with if you purchase this bike. They should be able to look in the database to see if this Roketa motorcycle is registered in their system, et cetera. ;)

keithert
01-25-2013, 05:28 PM
This is very helpful and will help even if I don't get this bike. I'll try to get the seller to give me the VIN so I can have it checked out.

FastDoc
01-25-2013, 05:33 PM
That's a good idea.

If it's all on the level it really is a good deal on a nice bike. Even at the height of the feeding frenzy bikes were never that cheap.

SpudRider
01-25-2013, 05:58 PM
This is very helpful and will help even if I don't get this bike. I'll try to get the seller to give me the VIN so I can have it checked out.
You're welcome. :) The seller should certainly provide you with the VIN. Then the DMV should be able to tell you definitively whether or not you can get a license plate for the bike. ;)

kmanharp
01-25-2013, 06:38 PM
hi guy kman here i have a 2009 roketa it seems to be a good bike the guys on here hav been big help unlike when you go to loc bike shop here they dont want to help me but the forums been big help so if you like that roketa get it you wont regret it i hav 3 bike harley fzr 600 and roketa 200 i like it just as good as my others kman

keithert
01-25-2013, 06:44 PM
The guy called me back and said he would text me the VIN and get me the exact shipping. The unit is one that was assembled and had some issue. I wouldn't pay more than the opening bid for it.

FastDoc
01-25-2013, 07:04 PM
What was the 'issue'?

keithert
01-25-2013, 07:22 PM
Didn't say. I'll ask when he texts me.

SpudRider
01-25-2013, 11:00 PM
Please do keep us updated regarding the DMV's reaction to the VIN, and the "issue" with the Roketa. ;)

culcune
01-26-2013, 12:16 AM
I would hesitate to buy it. Wade Liu of Excalibur Motorsports told me about the rise and fall of Roketa. What ultimately did them in was the rampant 'bootlegging' of legitimate bikes. Shineray manufactured a few bikes, and Roketa had someone else make a bunch more, with illegitimate VINs. This could be one of those? I would be aware, since you might not ever be able to register it.

keithert
01-26-2013, 07:51 PM
I would hesitate to buy it. Wade Liu of Excalibur Motorsports told me about the rise and fall of Roketa. What ultimately did them in was the rampant 'bootlegging' of legitimate bikes. Shineray manufactured a few bikes, and Roketa had someone else make a bunch more, with illegitimate VINs. This could be one of those? I would be aware, since you might not ever be able to register it.

Thanks for the tip. I've been e-mailing Wade about the new crop of TMECs. Those sound promising.