PDA

View Full Version : Need HELP!! With clutch

hxrguitar
02-02-2013, 10:32 PM
Hello I have a 125cc UM/zongshen dirt tracker the honda clone.

And like a week or 2 ago I crashed and broke the clutch cable gear shifting pedal and the clutch lever it self. Well I got the new clutch cable new gear shifting pedal and a new clutch lever it's all set up to go.

Only problem there is a wire that connects to the clutch lever. Not the clutch cable itself but the wire that is underneath it. The 2nd hole under where the clutch cable goes.

And there is a little black cylinder thing that slides into that 2nd hole underneath the clutch cable. I have the clutch cable hooked up to my clutch lever. But it doesn't change gears without the 2nd wire connected to it. It seem's like it's a safety feature or like an electric clutch. because without the little black cylinder in the clutch lever the clutch doesn't work.

The black cylinder has a button thing on it where when you would pull in the clutch lever it would push in that button enabling you to switch gears. But the thing is it's broken the black cylinder and I have no idea what it is called or where to find it. So I need help! :roll: It's hard to explain it because I have no idea what it is called.

:!: :!: :!: :!:

SpudRider
02-02-2013, 10:55 PM
I'm not sure I understand. ;) Please post a photograph, and I'm sure someone can help. :)

Spud :)

Wild_Alaskan
02-02-2013, 11:06 PM
I think he is referring to the clutch switch that allows the e-start to work while in gear and the clutch is pulled.

there is no reason the bike wouldn't shift because of it, are you sure your clutch cable is adjusted properly and the shift lever is not contacting anything?

hxrguitar
02-03-2013, 01:00 PM
I can change gears but the bike doesn't go anywhere. and the electric start doesn't work either without it.

Wild_Alaskan
02-03-2013, 02:45 PM
the clutch cable is likely adjusted too tight, to use e-start you will need to cut the box off and connect the two wires going to it together. after that it will start if the clutch is pulled or not so tremeber to pull it.

here is how to adjust he cable, you will need to be loosening instead of tightening like in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hW6NVS6_9yo