PDA

View Full Version : My Son's Flywing 100cc

dlunt
09-16-2006, 11:49 PM
I was just uploading some pictures and thought I would share couple of my son's bike.
The brand is Flywing. But after a little research I believe it is a Jianshe.
It is a really fun little bike. It will pull my 160lbs around just fine. :D
He is 11 and bought it in April 2006. We got it at a local farm/hardware store for $600.

http://www.chinariders.net/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=1083&g2_serialNumber=2

http://www.chinariders.net/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=1088&g2_serialNumber=2

ACD
09-17-2006, 12:20 AM
Cute little beast....my 8yo son is haunting me for such a toy....guess the 3.5 hp $50 yard sale go-cart has lost it's appeal.....
Aaron

ImEazy
09-17-2006, 12:28 AM
Very cool. My son is 11 as well. My daughter 13. They like thier pitbikes that I bought them in Dec. 05. I still haven't been able to get them out to an open space so they can really ride them. We all ride them in the back yard. Although it kinda gets boring real quick. That looks to be about the same size as thiers. Are the wheels 12" rear and 14" front? I think thats the size of my kids. I ride them in the back all the time as a stress reliever. It works!

dlunt
06-12-2007, 09:21 PM
Just an update on my son's Flywing 100. Had it about a year now.
He has rode it pretty hard. He is a new rider and still learning. Winds the engine out too far in 2nd because he doesn't always want to shift. But it is going gang busters. The oil stays looking good for a long time.
But most of the riding has been pretty flat territory.
We finally have a trailer and we got to take the bikes to a REAL off road location. :D
FYI - South central Indiana: http://www.abateonline.org/ABATE.aspx?PID=219

Some of the hills are pretty steep and rutted. Lots of roots and limestone chunks. That little chinese bike went anywhere my DR650 went.
He got hung up in one deep rut up a steep hill. I looked in my mirror halfway up the hill and couldn't see him. I rode up the rest of the way and went back. The rut was deep enough to get his foot (with boots) caught between the dirt and his bike. He had managed to get out but couldn't get the bike restarted. It was just flooded. I restarted it and rode it up the hill. The bike didn't even breath hard. This bike has an auto-clutch so I wondered if it would slip any on the hills. Reminds of a Honda Trail 70/90. Just point it and go about anywhere.
He later flogged that bike silly on a small track at the park. Beat it to death on the whoops and one 2ft jump. I kept wondering if something was gonna break. He kept bottoming out the rear suspension.
But it handled it without issue. The spokes are even still tight!
I think he is gonna out grow it before it breaks.
It gets a thumbs up at the one year mark!

TheOtherRide
06-12-2007, 10:31 PM
Hey, what store? That's a cool bike for the youngsters!

liverchip
06-13-2007, 02:45 PM
Wow that's good to see. Keep it up!

dlunt
06-13-2007, 09:11 PM
We got it at a farm/hardware store here in the mid-west called Rural King.
But they quit carrying bikes this year. They still sell atv's, go-carts and mini-bikes.