PDA

View Full Version : Lighting/ Electrical

salzybaby
03-11-2013, 09:24 AM
I have searched and searched to no avail. I'm having a problem with the lighting on my bike. The bike is an 04 yumbo dakar 200 with 1200 miles on a zongshen motor.

1st there is no battery... It was dead when I got it, I removed it to jump start it easier if I couldn't kick start it. It kick starts fine.

2nd all the lights were working for about 15 miles of easy trail riding.

3rd all of the lights work when the switch is on High Beam.

Here is the issue; When the switch is on low beam, I have no headlight, turn blinkers, gauge lights, neutral indicator, or tail light. I can see a very faint glow from the head light and N indicator. but nothing from turn blinkers, or tail/brake light.

With the switch on High Beam everything functions properly....

Any Ideas? Fuses? Connections that I need to check? I had the healight bezel off yesterday. The wiring was a mess but all of the connections seemed to be tight. Don't know where to even look for a fuse panel or inline fuses...

I'll take anything apart...

zingshoen
03-11-2013, 09:49 AM
that sounds like a cable plugged in the wrong socket (behind the headlight) and or cables touching or insulation worn. on my car the indicator would come on when u pulled the handbrake :) o PO how could u let her get that low

Weldangrind
03-11-2013, 10:22 AM
It sounds like a poor ground to me. The dimmer switch might be what completes the ground, so I'd start by dismantling the switch and cleaning it.

salzybaby
03-11-2013, 01:00 PM
thanks for the quick replies!! I had thought about the ground and tried to trace wires inside the harness. I take that switch apart if get a chance this week.

I checked for loose/wore wires and didn't see anything out of the ordinary... Minus the mess of wires tied together with cheap electrical tape.

Thanks Again