PDA

View Full Version : First China bike recommendations?

calcoast
03-12-2013, 06:35 AM
I figured this would be a better place to ask.

I've always wanted a dual sport. I want something I can ride to work and back (about 3 miles to and from) and ride around town for errands. So after doing some looking around online I decided a China bike would be best/most fun to work on

So far I'm looking at this Roketa http://www.happyscooters.com/200cc-4-stroke-full-size-dirt-bike-p-168.html Does anybody know if this dealer is legit? And is the price decent?

How about any other suggestions?

My budget would be around $1500.

I don't plan on going above 50-60 mph, I want something that's fairly easy to get parts for and is legal in California.

Thanks for any info/help

Weldangrind
03-12-2013, 10:38 AM
I think that "legal in CA" is the greatest challenge and limiting factor. I know that there are a few bikes that are CA-legal, but nowhere near the selection across the country.

That seems like a fair price (to me) for a new bike.

calcoast
03-12-2013, 06:50 PM
Yeah so far it seems like the Roketa is the only CB that is Ca legal, thanks for the info.

FastDoc
03-12-2013, 07:43 PM
Q Links are CA legal as well.

culcune
03-12-2013, 08:23 PM
I didn't see anywhere that that bike is Calif. Legal. Some of these holdover/leftover older models might be CARB legal, but for green sticker off-road use only. I would look through Craiglist for an older enduro, especially L.A.'s Craiglist, due to the extensive communities you can find ads for from there. There seem to be periodic exceptions to plating Chinese bikes in California as I have seen on Craigslist, but I think the Qlink is the only one readily available at $2500 thru JP Motorsports out of San Diego. In fact, on their CL ad (San Diego CL), they are offering them for 0 down, $99/ month. If you put half down, you could probably pay it off in a year or so, and have a decent quality Chinese bike, vs. one that falls apart alot :lol:

SpudRider
03-13-2013, 01:58 AM
Welcome; we are glad you joined us. :)

Before you buy any Chinese motorcycle in California, I suggest you contact the local DMV to see if you can get a license plate for the bike. ;) Only the DMV can provide you with a definitive answer, since they are the people who set the criteria you must meet. ;)

Spud :)