PDA

View Full Version : LF200GY-5 Dash cluster lighting

MvZiCMaN
03-14-2013, 02:41 AM
on my bike i have a Speedo and a Tachometer like on most bikes and it also has a Gear indicator on it, and it worked 100% perfect when i got the bike but lately the Neutral indicator wont come on and at first the Gear indicator would just be a jumble of red and now its Not coming on either...

i hope that makes sense the way i explained it

has anyone had any similar Problems???

Weldangrind
03-14-2013, 10:09 AM
The ugly old Roketa I just bought has the same gear indicator, but it still works. I've heard several reports of the indicator failing, and I believe that the cause is usually pinched wires out of the stator cover.

MvZiCMaN
03-15-2013, 12:58 PM
Just checked them and dont seem to be pinched.. could it be bad bulbs or something??

Weldangrind
03-15-2013, 08:45 PM
It could be. Did you remove the stator cover?

MvZiCMaN
03-15-2013, 11:14 PM
On my bike you can see the Wires going in if you take the front Sprocket cover off... but i followed the wires and saw no evidence of worn wires under there or even Pinched wires

I believe that is the stator cover Right?

Weldangrind
03-15-2013, 11:27 PM
No, removal of the stator cover would require draining the engine oil first. The stator cover probably has two large slot screws in it, one in the center and one on top. It is in front of the countershaft sprocket.

MvZiCMaN
03-15-2013, 11:36 PM
Okay Only thing that sucks is i just did an oil change about 80 miles ago....

i was hoping to figure it out sooner but i guess ill pull that apart next time i drain my oil..

Thanks tho.. Maybe ill post a write up of fixing it when i do it

Weldangrind
03-16-2013, 01:01 AM
Have yout tried searching this forum for an answer? I'm sure I've seen it before.

MvZiCMaN
03-16-2013, 01:45 AM
I did a brief search that didnt come up with anything but ill take a lil more time and see what i can find after a while