PDA

View Full Version : 2009 GY2

FastDoc
04-16-2013, 12:37 PM
I was out riding Ron's GY the other day. It has been a long time since I have ridden one and my memory was indistinct.

I like these bikes. It is smooth, and VERY quiet. As a person sensitive to noise I appreciate that a lot. While not powerful the motor is smooth and predictable with no flat spots, in stock guise.

I regeared his and it will climb any hill it has a right to (albeit slowly) and still go down the road at 55 MPH comfortably.

The seat is comfortable, and if you keep your speed down the suspension is OK too. The controls are ergonomic, and I like it's little instrument panel and gear position indicator.

I'll tell you what though, these GY's have got to be the physically largest 200cc bikes in the world though! Built like a tank.

Even in stock form, I like that bike. :D

Weldangrind
04-16-2013, 09:12 PM
I can't wait to get some seat time on the Roketa, so I can get a sense of how it performs. I've only taken a short victory lap across the street in the cul de sac.

I've been working on it every weekend and most weeknights, so we can go riding!

SpudRider
04-17-2013, 03:15 AM
I agree; the Chinese bikes are build like tanks. I describe them in this manner with affection. ;)

These bikes were not manufactured to race; they were built to haul entire families, and huge stacks of goods. The subframe will never fail, and nobody builds a luggage rack like the Chinese. :) You can crash these bikes, or be hit by an automobile, and the frame will take the punishment without destroying the motorcycle. If maintained properly, these engines will last many tens of thousands of miles. ;) I like Chinese motorcycles, and I really like my Zonshen 200GY-2. :D

Spud :)

FastDoc
04-17-2013, 11:14 AM
The GY is a good bike. Still it's no Zong which is a GREAT bike. If Ron's bike was a Zong I'd buy it. 8)