PDA

View Full Version : CZR Exhaust before and after Lifan LF200 GY-5

wakebball11
05-03-2013, 08:19 AM
I installed a CZR Racing exhaust on my Lifan LF200 GY-5 and it has made a world of difference. Purchased it on ebay for about 130 shipped.

This thing sounds beastly now!! When riding next to my friend who has a sport bike he can barely hear his own bike. I've gotten a ton of compliments around town and nobody expects a dual sport to be coming when they hear it.
I definitely recommend it if you want to add some grunt to your bike for a reasonable price.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyhwYT4AcU0

Weldangrind
05-03-2013, 10:38 AM
Awesome! I'm not hearing any popping in the exhaust, so it sounds like it's close enough with jetting. Did you fatten the main jet? Was it a bolt-on deal?

wakebball11
05-03-2013, 10:46 AM
it pops here and there, I tried messing with the jetting, but everything i did was counter productive. I'm running the stock jetting but moved the needle clip up one spot. Its a slip on exhaust, but the header is a little narrower than the exhaust itself so i had to rig it to fit with some header wrap. I wrapped the header and wrapped the end connecting to the pipe a couple times extra to make it a little thicker and create a seal. clamped it on and added a couple zip ties and its been working great. Couldnt be happier with the sound difference, no longer sounds like a moped :lol:

Weldangrind
05-03-2013, 10:47 AM
if you went up two sizes on the main jet, it would probably be perfect.

wakebball11
05-03-2013, 10:56 AM
would you suggest upgrading from the stock PD1 carb as well?

wakebball11
05-03-2013, 03:36 PM
well apparently I need to come up with a different solution to rig this exhaust, today on my ride home from my last final of the semester the entire exhaust fell off and bounced down the road....any suggestions?? i originally tried looking for a piece of metal that was narrow enough to go over the header on one end and wide enough to fit the czr exhaust, but i had no luck and had to resort to the header wrap method...

Wild_Alaskan
05-03-2013, 05:53 PM
Drill a hole in both where they slip over each other and install a sheet metal screw through it to lock them together.

Weldangrind
05-04-2013, 01:25 PM
You can also make two cuts in the muffler pipe, perhaps about 1.5" long, perpendicular to each other. Use the header wrap on the header pipe like you did before, and use a t-bolt clamp on the pipe to squeeze it onto the header pipe.