PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Zong 250gs

gbaby4life
05-15-2013, 03:55 PM
Hi, im new
I've had this bike for about 6 months and have had some problems with it. I know its probably what I deserve for getting such a cheap bike, haha but i love the way it looks and rides. I just put a new battery in it and it won't start. the motor seems to be working fine i can push start it but it doesn't seem to be catching to start the engine when i use the electric start. Recently when im riding it will gradually loose power until it dies when i drive after 1/2 mile. but I haven't been able to get it riding smooth enough to drive. There is fuel in the tank and so it's not something obvious like that. ive also rebuilt the carb a million times and checked to make sure that all the hoses where on right there is a honey coat inside the carburator that came off when i boiled the carb in water and lemon juice and it came off ive also taken some advice from SpudRider and tuned the carb as best i could just need some more advice on other things i can do to make it run nice.
Any help on what might be wrong with my bike would be much appreciate, thanks!

Gbaby4life

Weldangrind
05-15-2013, 10:04 PM
That sounds like classic CDI failure. Buy a couple for troubleshooting, and try again.

gbaby4life
05-15-2013, 10:55 PM
Where would i go about buying a CDI and what kind, i know there's acouple you can get and i dont want to buy the wrong one.

SpudRider
05-16-2013, 01:12 AM
Where would i go about buying a CDI and what kind, i know there's acouple you can get and i dont want to buy the wrong one.
I agree with Weld; I think your CDI unit is failing. ;) Check out the following thread.

http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=12417

gbaby4life
05-18-2013, 12:08 AM
Ok i ordered a new CDI and hopefully that fixs my problem haha thanks guys for the advice

SpudRider
05-18-2013, 12:23 AM
Ok i ordered a new CDI and hopefully that fixs my problem haha thanks guys for the advice
Good for you. :) Did you order an AC-CDI unit?

Corvairkid
05-18-2013, 04:29 AM
yes there are 2 types on CDI depending on your stator out put on for DC current and one for AC current, i have an ac unit as well as spund and a few others it should be a zs067-001 cdi box for ac and -002 is for dc