PDA

View Full Version : turn signal problem

rickieh
05-19-2013, 10:41 PM
I laid my bike down today and the only thing that became of it were a scraped brake line,some mud, and my flashers....my flashers are now flashing at high speeds when i give it gas but work completely normally when at idle. Example I turn on my left signals and give it gas....they flash really fast...stop at the stop sign and theyre back to normal. The faster the rpm, the faster they flash until they look solid!help?

SpudRider
05-19-2013, 10:56 PM
I laid my bike down today and the only thing that became of it were a scraped brake line,some mud, and my flashers....my flashers are now flashing at high speeds when i give it gas but work completely normally when at idle. Example I turn on my left signals and give it gas....they flash really fast...stop at the stop sign and theyre back to normal. The faster the rpm, the faster they flash until they look solid!help?
I suspect you need a new turn signal flasher. You can buy a replacement at any auto parts store. Bring your old flasher unit to the store, and ask the salesman to help you find a match for it. Do you have a flasher unit with 2 prongs, or 3 prongs?

rickieh
05-20-2013, 02:05 AM
I dont know where it is.Behind the headlamp?

SpudRider
05-20-2013, 02:23 AM
I dont know where it is.Behind the headlamp?
I forget; what kind of bike do you own?

The turn signal flasher is frequently located behind the headlight shroud. However, the flasher relay is located under the right side cover, near the CDI unit, on my Zongshen 200GY-2.

Does your flasher relay beep or click when activated? If so, you can find its location by following the sound. ;)

rickieh
05-20-2013, 10:48 AM
mine is a kinroad 200gy

katoranger
05-20-2013, 10:57 AM
Mine was under the seat.

rickieh
05-20-2013, 11:55 AM
Relay thing fixed it!Thanks guys I dont know what Id do without you besides have rapidly flickering signals!For reference its a kinroad and it was located under the right rear panel

SpudRider
05-20-2013, 01:19 PM
You're welcome. I'm glad you got the problem fixed. :) Where did you buy the replacement flasher, and how much did it cost?

rickieh
05-20-2013, 10:06 PM
advance auto.$4 tridon brand

SpudRider
05-21-2013, 12:28 AM
advance auto.$4 tridon brand
:tup:

rickieh
05-21-2013, 06:18 PM
I spoke too soon, Is there a fuse for the lights?they worked fine for a day now they wont come on at all.

SpudRider
05-22-2013, 01:10 AM
Most of the Chinese bikes have a single fuse for the entire electrical system. I do suggest you check for a blown fuse. ;)