PDA

View Full Version : online parts suppliers - help!

JPG1911
05-21-2013, 02:53 PM
Hey Y'all

I've been searching around teh intertubes for days, and have had very limited success finding chinabike parts suppliers online. So far, the only really helpful sites i've found are

http://www.motopartscenter.com/ where I purchased some generic parts my bike needed

and
http://www.motopartsmax.com/ where I'll likely be purchasing a few other items in the near furure

The "parts parts parts" thread in the tech section is just a link page that points back to the home page, so I'm hoping there may already be a comprehensive list of parts suppliers that maybe I've missed. If not, would the mods consider starting one? Sticky maybe? I feel that this would be a very valuable resource to newbs like myself, and veterans alike.

Otherwise, can you guys and gals point my browser in the direction of a few other parts sites that you frequent or have found helpful? Pretty please?? I tend to lose myself in research, and right now I'm just trying to sort out the best options for places to buy parts.

Also, i've visited the zongshenamerica.com site, but did not find anything resembling a parts catalog. Does Spudrider know how/where to find one? and maybe some engine specific .pdf manuals? I DL the one you posted, but that is for the 163 engine, and I have the 169 OHC version.

Thanks everyone

ck
05-21-2013, 04:14 PM
What parts do u need? I have the same style of bike as yours mine is labeled as Roketa most of these bikes are maid in a three block area in china and use the same parts they just label the bikes with different names.

JPG1911
05-21-2013, 09:20 PM
I'm not entirely sure yet CK, there are lots and lots of parts I would like to replace eventually, for now I am looking for a black front fender, speedometer cable, and battery box. After that, I'll be repairing and replacing a lot of things piece by piece

david3921
05-21-2013, 09:28 PM
Try here. There are a few bikes that look similar to yours;

http://www.motosportsparts.com/s.nl/sc.14/category.6/.f

More;

http://www.hooperimports.com/dept.aspx?dept_id=15-003

http://www.sunlpartsonline.com/

JPG1911
05-21-2013, 11:51 PM
Many Thanks David!!!

I found several parts on these 3 sites that I need/want and had not previously been able to locate. I bookmarked all 3, hopefully the out of stock parts are restocked soon

Keep them coming guys!

SpudRider
05-22-2013, 01:41 AM
Indeed, thanks for posting the good links, David! :)

JPG1911
05-28-2013, 11:22 PM
I'm adding this excellent site suggested by Edtardo on the kinroad 50 parts thread

http://www.china-parts.co.uk/acatalog/Spares_by_Model.html (http://www.china-parts.co.uk/acatalog/Spares_by_Model.html)

i found lots of stuff I "need" here, including the identical steering lockable ignition cylinder/switch I've been searching for and it includes a matching gas cap for ~$65USD I'll take it!

humanbeing
05-29-2013, 12:00 AM
Lockset: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=5374947800. Tons compatible if searches zs125gy in taobao.

JPG1911
06-05-2013, 09:05 PM
Thanks for the link Humanbeing, i can never get my browser to translate chinese pages very well, so this is difficult for me to view.

Although I believe strongly in having as many online options as possible, I am very pleased to find a local scooter shop that is capable of getting just about any part I might need or want. Yesterday after work, I decided to pop into Mad Mike's scooters in Wilmington, the guys there were all very helpful and knowledgeable, and they laughed at my pronunciation of "Zong-shen", then corrected me in the proper Chinese(which to me was hilarious, because they are all very old, very white, and very country) It sounded a little more like "jung-shoe". They GAVE me a brand new oil drain plug that actually fits my engine - a part I've been searching for online for weeks to no avail, and ordered the match-keyed gas cap and ignition switch I've also been searching for, it should arrive in a few days :yay:I'm also going to have them order me a clutch cable, and battery box on Friday, and maybe a few other small items I need.

Let it be said that I LOVE online shopping, but Long Live the local economy!!! The other day, I paid $30 in a store for something I could have bought online for $14+s&h, simply because it was a local B&M store

Weldangrind
06-05-2013, 09:58 PM
Thanks for the link Humanbeing, i can never get my browser to translate chinese pages very well, so this is difficult for me to view.

Although I believe strongly in having as many online options as possible, I am very pleased to find a local scooter shop that is capable of getting just about any part I might need or want. Yesterday after work, I decided to pop into Mad Mike's scooters in Wilmington, the guys there were all very helpful and knowledgeable, and they laughed at my pronunciation of "Zong-shen", then corrected me in the proper Chinese(which to me was hilarious, because they are all very old, very white, and very country) It sounded a little more like "jung-shoe". They GAVE me a brand new oil drain plug that actually fits my engine - a part I've been searching for online for weeks to no avail, and ordered the match-keyed gas cap and ignition switch I've also been searching for, it should arrive in a few days :yay:I'm also going to have them order me a clutch cable, and battery box on Friday, and maybe a few other small items I need.

Let it be said that I LOVE online shopping, but Long Live the local economy!!! The other day, I paid $30 in a store for something I could have bought online for $14+s&h, simply because it was a local B&M store

If you download Google Chrome, you can set it to automatically translate for you. It's not great, but it works well enough, along with the pics.

I completely agree with your thoughts on supporting the local economy. I pay a little more for bearings at Precise Bearing in Abbotsford, but it's well worth it for the service I receive, not to mention instant gratification. No waiting for the courier.

SpudRider
06-06-2013, 12:31 AM
Thanks for the update! I'm very glad you found a local shop which is serving you well. :)

JPG1911
06-09-2013, 04:07 PM
Well, the oil drain plug the shop gave me did not fit :cry: so I'm back to square 1

the battery in my digital caliper is dead so I'm guessing here, but the threaded end on my broken plug looks to be about 30-32mm, and the one they gave me is slightly smaller, maybe 28mm. If anyone knows where I can get one I could sure use the help.

Weldangrind
06-09-2013, 04:36 PM
Item #4 is my guess. The price is right.

http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorcycles/1981-honda-xr200/o/m3033#sch11822

JPG1911
06-10-2013, 12:45 PM
excellent research Mr. Weld, thank you very very much Sir. I will email the seller and see if they can give me dimensions. My Wife is bringing batteries home this afternoon for my calipers, and I've just located my thread pitch gauge, so I will know for sure if it's the correct part. I want to be doubly sure before I order b/c I've also ordered one a few weeks ago from another supplier that turned out to be identical to the one the local shop gave me, hopefully 3rd time's the charm :tup:

Weldangrind
06-10-2013, 03:35 PM
Don't be surprised if they can't provide you with a measurement. Tell me the dimensions you come up with, and I'll compare them with an '81 XR200 strainer cap that I have here.

JPG1911
06-10-2013, 11:19 PM
the threads are 35.7mm(1.405") and 1.5 pitch. Thanks again

Weldangrind
06-11-2013, 01:45 AM
The one I measured is exactly the same. FYI, the XR200 uses the same part for the valve covers.

JPG1911
06-11-2013, 12:42 PM
Awesome! That's the best news I've heard all day!! I was looking at the valve covers and thinking they looked awfully similar;) . At that price I think I'll buy 3, replace the valve covers (sounds like a good time to adjust the valve lash) and keep the old ones as spares.

I am forever greatfull for kind-hearted individuals willing to help their fellow man :thanks:

JPG1911
06-11-2013, 01:02 PM
looking at that drawing, it appears to have the same clutch cable mounting tab as my engine. I have tried two clutch cables that were not a good fit for my broken one. I have been ordering them by overall length, but both cables had a shorter inner cable length and would not fit, and neither had the integral guard at the lever mount. Do you think it would be a safe bet that an XR200 clutch cable would suit my application? I don't know how much of the old cable broke off, so I can't get an accurate measurement, I did find what appears to be an exact part match with the integral guard on one Chinese sight, but it's A: out of stock, and B: I'd like to combine shipping costs if possible, and C: I can only assume that a Japanese part is somewhere between marginally and substantially higher quality than a Chinese clone ;)

Apparently, my engine is a closer clone if this 81 XR200 engine. Generally speaking, are most of the parts direct replacements? Or are there substantial differences between the two? I will research this later tonight on my own, but I highly value your input, opinions, and experience.

SpudRider
06-11-2013, 01:25 PM
...I am forever greatfull for kind-hearted individuals willing to help their fellow man :thanks:
You just described Weldangrind. ;) I don't know what we would do without him on these forums. :)

Weldangrind
06-11-2013, 11:14 PM
looking at that drawing, it appears to have the same clutch cable mounting tab as my engine. I have tried two clutch cables that were not a good fit for my broken one. I have been ordering them by overall length, but both cables had a shorter inner cable length and would not fit, and neither had the integral guard at the lever mount. Do you think it would be a safe bet that an XR200 clutch cable would suit my application? I don't know how much of the old cable broke off, so I can't get an accurate measurement, I did find what appears to be an exact part match with the integral guard on one Chinese sight, but it's A: out of stock, and B: I'd like to combine shipping costs if possible, and C: I can only assume that a Japanese part is somewhere between marginally and substantially higher quality than a Chinese clone ;)

Apparently, my engine is a closer clone if this 81 XR200 engine. Generally speaking, are most of the parts direct replacements? Or are there substantial differences between the two? I will research this later tonight on my own, but I highly value your input, opinions, and experience.

Interesting question! I can't recall; what is the brand name of your bike? I know that the Roketa DB-07A is remarkably close to the '81 XR200, and that the Lifan GY5 is very similar as well.

Perhaps I can find an '81 clutch cable around here and compare it with my China bikes. Stay tuned.

JPG1911
06-12-2013, 01:40 PM
Best I can determine, It's a UM DS200('04 model) I'll update my signature with the info. This is the cable (http://www.motosportsparts.com/s.nl/it.A/id.2628/.f?sc=14&category=5708) I was thinking of trying next, it's the only one I've seen online that has the lever guard like my broken stock one, but I still don't know the length. Looks like it's now back in stock, but I'd still be more interested in putting on a Honda part if possible.

bogieboy
06-12-2013, 03:09 PM
you could skip the cable all together and upgrade to a hydro clutch...

you would need toknow the length you wouldneed for the hose (the same length as the cable sheath roughly, and get whichever one is closest...) i had one of these on my pocket bike last year and loved it...

900mm length (http://www.ebay.com/itm/161043306053?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:VRI&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2661)

1200mm length (http://www.ebay.com/itm/151061858874?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:VRI&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2661)

edtardo
06-12-2013, 06:35 PM
If I am correct, your bike is the same as mine and I used a 1974-1976 Honda XR75 Clutch Replacement Cable. It was a little short but it works perfectly.

JPG1911
06-12-2013, 10:14 PM
Hmmmmmmmmm... Hydro clutch sounds veeeeeeeeeery interesting. I may look into that option soon, but I did just purchase and install a brand new conventional clutch lever, so for now I think I'll stick with the cable. Thanks for the heads up Edtardo, I'll check out the XR75 and XR200 options and see which one may work better.

Weldangrind
06-13-2013, 01:22 AM
I'm surprised by the difference in the cables I measured. What I believe to be an '81 XR200 clutch cable has a 52" housing and a 55.5" cable, whereas the Lifan cable has a 39.75" housing and a 43" cable. The similarity is that the cable is approximately 3.5" longer than the housing in either case.

JPG1911
06-13-2013, 01:49 AM
Thanks WG, the first cable I bought and tried was 48.5", the second was 51" I think. Both were long enough to connect from lever to lever, but neither had enough inner cable length to go from the mounting tab to the trans lever. Based on your measurements, I believe the XR200 cable should work, and I'm inclined to try it next. My wife informs me that I've run out of "play" money for this pay period, so I'll have to wait until next Friday to obtain one. I should be able to get one at a local shop, so hopefully I'll report back on fitment next weekend

Weldangrind
06-13-2013, 10:45 AM
Perhaps item #2 is a good fit: http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorcycles/1981-honda-xr200/o/m3033#sch12267