PDA

View Full Version : Italika's

maf119l
07-01-2007, 10:29 PM
not sure where they are made but i saw an italika scooter and a 250 "tornado"street bike at a trucking yard in calexico,ca.at first i thought the 250 was a triumph until i saw italika on the side.bike looked really nice

culcune
07-03-2007, 07:08 PM
Maf, I see many Italika's when I go into Algodones, Mexico. One of the members on ChinaBikes (his bike is the main photo) has a 200 Italika sportbike. He is a Canadian guy teaching in Southern Mexico. Italika is the main Chinese brand in Mexico. BTW, when were you in Calexico? I used to commute daily from Yuma to Calexico. Also, was the bike one of the workers of the yard? Was the yard on Kennedy? I used to work a block away from a distribution yard that someone used to ride a Chinese 250 cruiser (Lifan style) to. Motorcycles are catching on for those commuting from Mexico into the US to work, especially from Mexicali into Calexico where the morning border crossing can take up to 2 hours!

culcune
08-31-2007, 03:06 PM
Yesterday, saw 2 Italika scooters, and one of those 250 cruisers with 3 headlights, and some other fluffy custom wannabe-Harley-type stuff, which I think was an Italika, in San Luis, Arizona. I see more and more Italika scooters now because of how easy it is for someone to cross into the US from Mexico on a two wheeler. In a car it takes an hour (now), but once picking season hits, it will take a person about 2.5 to 3 hours (by car) but maybe 5 to 10 minutes by bicycle, scooter, or motorcycle, or really, however long it takes to ride between the lanes of car traffic, up to an open US Customs booth.

Now that I have an engine in transit, and have taken care of re-registering the bike and getting insurance again, I will film a short video of riding into Mexico, and back out for your viewing pleasure.