PDA

View Full Version : Lifan 200 Stator output/upgrade?

coldfuzion76
06-20-2013, 03:59 AM
I'm using a lifan 200 in my wife's CB125. I've never been able to get the battery to charge properly with the headlight that I'm using. Currently a 35/35W bulb. It's the best it's ever been now,and it won't go above 13.2 V with the headlight on at idle. It's probably fine as long as she's moving, but in town it won't start back, and she'll be taking a motorcycle course on it soon, so I'd like for it to start for her consistently. So my question is, do I need a lower wattage headlight, or am I doing something wrong? I wired the bike according to the hooper imports schematic, and I'm now using a universal regulator, as the original I got with the engine was defective from the beginning. I have considered wiring the headlight to the AC side, and seeing if that helps, but I'm running out of ideas. Thanks in advance guys!

Weldangrind
06-20-2013, 11:32 AM
I'm out of my element here, but aren't headlights supposed to be wired to the AC side? Also, do you have a means of load testing the battery? Voltage is only part of the picture.

4950cycle
07-01-2013, 11:18 PM
I would watch out as far as wiring the head light to the AC side. For some reason that just doesn't sound right. I have an original 74 CB 125 and its charging system never did act quite right. Sounds like your staters not putting out up to snuff. Wish I could help more.