PDA

View Full Version : xp 200 wiring harness problems

weiser23
06-20-2013, 09:44 AM
Wires are bending brfore the wires go under tank every time you move the bars .is their a easy and effective way to correct this before I have broken wires. It is the right side

bogieboy
06-20-2013, 10:53 AM
Im not sure i understand what you are asking? Can you show some pictures of what you mean?

weiser23
06-20-2013, 12:58 PM
I.have no pictures. But will.try to explain better. The wires are from the starter switch kill switch and tac speedometers lights switch run down the bars and under gas tank. When turning bars it binds up and has for awhile from looks of it .I'm sure I can figure some thing out.but since this group has 4000 + member I thought someone had the same problem and sure fire answer to this dilemma

FastDoc
06-20-2013, 01:04 PM
You are wise to pay attention to this.

I have had 2 Q's, and two friends have had Q's and I'm sure they all have the same wiring. I have never seen it be an issue with any of the Q's, and a couple of mine had respectable, although not Spud-range, mileage on them.

My 1972 CB175 also looks like it bends the wires too much in this area, but after 41 years, no issues.

You may choose to reinforce them a little with some loom/flexable conduit from the car parts store but otherwise I would not worry :-)

bogieboy
06-20-2013, 02:52 PM
I.have no pictures. But will.try to explain better. The wires are from the starter switch kill switch and tac speedometers lights switch run down the bars and under gas tank. When turning bars it binds up and has for awhile from looks of it .I'm sure I can figure some thing out.but since this group has 4000 + member I thought someone had the same problem and sure fire answer to this dilemma

ok, that makes more sense...LOL by bind up do you mean it physically impedes proper movement of the bars/forks or are you just worried about the stress of flexing the wires that much? i know on my shineray it looks like a few wires got pinched at one point in the steering stops, which is one of the reasons i bought a new harness(the PO had butchered the harness anyways..LOL)