PDA

View Full Version : uh,oh this engine looks familiar

fishman10
07-02-2013, 04:17 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2012-Other-Makes-Street-legal-Enduro-EPA-DOT-/300925122489?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item461088f7b9 ........doesn't this engine description and appearance remind you of the ill fated pitster pro 400 several of us had the hgorrible experience of owning

SpudRider
07-03-2013, 02:07 AM
Yes, I think you are correct. :ohno: Those Xingyue bikes keep turning up, like a bad penny. :tdown:

karmaxul
07-04-2013, 12:48 PM
Hello everyone I am the one selling the motorcycles. I am wondering the concerns with these bikes.

culcune
07-04-2013, 03:56 PM
These 400cc Chinese bikes did not have a great reputation. There were a few threads of people who bought the Pitster Pro bike a few years ago who had mechanical issues that did not get corrected by Pitster Pro.

Personally, I have been curious about these bikes, but a few owners' concerns from the threads kept me away.

karmaxul
07-04-2013, 05:39 PM
This is the new version of the engine. The enduro is new as of last year. I had to stamp them with last years vins as epa is slow as hell though these ones meet epa and dot standards in all 50 states. It is new as of last year and now is equipped with efi and a warranty. The company that produces them is 12 years old now and I do not dispute your claims though in the last few years and in Europe the engines are getting good reviews from what I have read. I offer extended warranties on all parts as I ship in bulk so I can do this for a price that would otherwise be very expensive for individual parts orders. Off hand what issues did they have in the past?

MICRider
07-04-2013, 08:21 PM
This is the new version of the engine. The enduro is new as of last year. I had to stamp them with last years vins as epa is slow as hell though these ones meet epa and dot standards in all 50 states. It is new as of last year and now is equipped with efi and a warranty. The company that produces them is 12 years old now and I do not dispute your claims though in the last few years and in Europe the engines are getting good reviews from what I have read. I offer extended warranties on all parts as I ship in bulk so I can do this for a price that would otherwise be very expensive for individual parts orders. Off hand what issues did they have in the past?

Hello :)
Here is a link to Fastdoc's experience's with his PP400. It started out not too bad, but then he had lots of problems with it. I think in the end when he sold it the bike was making some ominous noises in the bottom end. Fishman also had one and had nothing but grief with it. Part's and support were impossible to obtain. Anyway, here's the link! :)
http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=8930&highlight=fastdoc+pitster

SpudRider
07-04-2013, 11:52 PM
Hello everyone I am the one selling the motorcycles. I am wondering the concerns with these bikes.
Welcome. :) Please update your signature to reflect you status as a dealer, as outlined in the following thread.

http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=1747

I have never read a good review of these engines. If you have links to some good reviews, please do post them.

fishman10
07-05-2013, 03:27 PM
I saw the writng on the wall ,,I sold mine before the engine grenaded,,,,,explaining to the new owner the bad rep these engines had ,,,an within 500 miles it was done an he also sold it ,,,,But even before that ,pitster pro hung us out to dry an quit responding to my calls an emails for parts.If this truly is NOT the same engine ...that would be great ,,,I really like the bike,,,but don't know if I can afford to be a guinea pig again an lose thousands again. I f the guy really wants to sell some bikes ,,he should sell a couple at wholesale ,price an let us see if we can make it past 2500 miles an also write a review,,,,a fair review.

fishman10
07-05-2013, 03:29 PM
to the seller of these bikes,,,if this is indeed a new design engine ,,what is it based on ,,any info ,,specs,,,,the engines we had were a strange mix of Honda bottom end,, with can-am top end,,,,and something just didn't work.

Weldangrind
07-05-2013, 09:05 PM
I think the top end might've been Rotax. It seems to me that was Spud's research.

SpudRider
07-06-2013, 01:26 AM
Yes, Xingyue put a Rotax cylinder on top of a Chinese bottom end. ;)

karmaxul
07-07-2013, 04:55 PM
Thank you for the info I will try and get detailed answers as soon as possible to you regarding the changes to the engines from the plant tonight.

When you had the engines did you chance the oil after break in, say within 50 miles?

I pay 2500 for the machines and then there is shipping overseas, customs fees, brokers fees and initial warehouse breakdown fees. I am over 3100 when they are ready to ship. I have heard stories and encountered a snapped speedometer cable on this model though I am sending one to the customer now with some oil filters to compensate the problem.

If you want I can do them for 3300 if you want to pay the shipping and send some extra oil filters for those who want to give them a try. I have white though the flat blacks in stock sold out and the next shipment will be here in a couple of weeks. If anyone wants one to test let me know I would love to hear your reviews.

katoranger
07-07-2013, 05:27 PM
How many of these have you sold? Would any of those want to give us some feedback?

Also please update your signature to reflect your dealer/business information.

FastDoc
07-07-2013, 06:34 PM
I looks like the same motor.

The EFI would have been nice as the carb on mine was lousy also but EFI on a tanked engine is not helpful either.

I'm still pissed because I sold a nice restored old Yamaha 400 AND an sweet XR200 with a new Lifan engine for that POS and I regret it still.

Also, I (we) are Chinabike experts. These bikes were properly cared for and broken in.

The problem is having a bike at the end of the break in period.

culcune
07-07-2013, 06:52 PM
I appreciate your ultimate goal in selling these bikes...to promote your new theory of Ci 3.148 vs Pi 3.14.

There is a guy, Wade Liu who owns Excalibur Motorsports in Chino, Cal. Who used to sell the Xingyue, too. Www.atv4usa.com

He is a an up and up guy who could probably give you the lowdown on his experiences, as well as parts that are left over. He still sells Xingyue scooters, so I am pretty sure the company is ok. I just think that at the time, Pitster Pro sold them without backing them up

karmaxul
07-07-2013, 08:19 PM
I have only sold a few so far and not for that long so long term I unfortunately do not have for you.

I had a bit of differences with the company about replacement parts like the speedometer cable though if I have to return the profits for those instances for ems shipping so they do not miss a weekend to keep the users happy then the less stress for me in the long run. I have been working with the company since Febuary of this year so we are early in the game though I see room for growth and prosperity. Ill keep yall on the up and up with long term reliability as the last thing I want is to profit off of others pain. I will talk with the company tonight on the specifics and get back to you. I had originally heard good things about the engines and see many bikes on youtube with this engine that have almost 7000 miles and good acceleration. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wwt8f6MW2e0

nyvdub89
07-07-2013, 09:25 PM
Why does your website / eBay page say Los Angeles, but your phone number is registered out of CT? I'm not trying to stir any roosts, it just caught my eye as I just moved back from East Granby 5 months ago.

karmaxul
07-07-2013, 09:30 PM
I lived across from Salmon Brook Park for a while in the Meadow Gate condos. I love that town. I am from Suffield originally. I ship to Long Beach as it is the fastest (and cheapest) place to ship from Asia. Once they pass customs I ship from a warehouse at the port to keep prices down. If I was to ship to CT from LA it would raise the price by 460 dollars. I dont even make that in profit on each unit. Are you from the area?

nyvdub89
07-07-2013, 09:36 PM
I understand. My family is from Glastonbury, but I am a Jersey boy. My girlfriend just finished her BA at u-hart and we had a friend we lived with in East Granby after our old landlord sold her property in West Hartford. I love the area, too. There are some amazing places to ride like 315 from Simsbury through Avon, maybe down Avon Mountain towards West Hartford, then a nice stop in Blueback Square for lunch. That's one I'd love to do soon! Thanks for clearing that up. :tup:

karmaxul
07-07-2013, 09:42 PM
Yes a lot of trails in the area. I heard folks get damn near to NY on sleds in the winter time. I see your into guitar, perhaps I have even seen you with out knowing if you checked out any shows in Hoops N Hops. In any case nice to meet you (perhaps again)

nyvdub89
07-07-2013, 09:46 PM
You as well! Good luck selling your bikes!

karmaxul
07-08-2013, 12:34 AM
Thanks brother

Wild_Alaskan
07-08-2013, 03:37 AM
If xingyue needs some stress testing done they can send me one :P I will find all the problems ;)

katoranger
07-08-2013, 09:26 AM
If xingyue needs some stress testing done they can send me one :P I will find all the problems ;)

The motor would have a chance of outlasting the bike.:hehe:

olds_cool63
07-08-2013, 12:50 PM

I like the looks of the bike.

Interested.

Who manufactures it?

Who makes the engine?

Seat height?

Wheelbase?

Overall length?

HP & torque?

Tire sizes?

Top speed?

Where to get replacement parts?

Can you supply more detailed pics and specs?

I'm sure I will have more questions.

Thanks!

olds_cool63

SpudRider
07-08-2013, 01:21 PM
The bike is a Xingyue XY400-GY2.

http://www.xingyuecanada.com/bike-xy400gy2.php

http://www.xingyuecanada.com/images/XY400GY2bike.jpg

karmaxul
07-08-2013, 11:13 PM
olds_cool63 (http://www.chinariders.net/member.php?u=25339)

you can find the details on my site, www.gorillagrow.org (http://www.gorillagrow.org) and click the harmony motors tab or you can click the link in the first comment box. Also please note the gy2 is not efi, has some different parts though is a bit cheaper to manufacture.

I am still waiting on the details from the engineers on the changes done to the engines though if any one needs parts for the older engine models you can give me the number off the engine and the engineers told me they will be happy to get you needed parts.

olds_cool63
07-09-2013, 12:47 AM
Has anyone changed out the sprocket to get a bit more top end? As a commuter, I'd rather not ride it too close to it's max speed.

Thanks!

olds_cool63

culcune
07-09-2013, 01:22 AM
Has anyone changed out the sprocket to get a bit more top end? As a commuter, I'd rather not ride it too close to it's max speed.

Thanks!

olds_cool63

I think that is what killed many of the 200s when they first came out.

katoranger
07-09-2013, 11:16 AM
karmaxul

Do you have input on the specs? Back when the 200s were big they mostly came geared for rock crawling. Would you be able to spec the bikes to be geared for US and Canadian roads?

Olds Cool.

I think the pitster 400s could do freeway speeds out of the box.

karmaxul

Do you have contact info for the buyers that you sold too? Maybe see if any would like to share here.

karmaxul
07-09-2013, 12:34 PM
I gotta run out for the day on some business now though I will try to get you some more specs.

The transmission is a 6 speed though I will try and give the gear ratios later. It is not geared to be a straight hill climber more a versatile on road off road with highway capability.

I can ask some customers to give reviews. Have a good day all.

They will do 75 mph out of the box

karmaxul
07-10-2013, 11:19 PM
1 gear: 2.769
2 gear: 1.882
3 gear: 1.381
4 gear: 1.041
5 gear: 0.923
6 gear: 0.815

recracer
07-16-2013, 01:28 AM
I have been looking all over for more information about these engines . Not alot of luck .

SpudRider
07-16-2013, 02:09 AM
Several members of these forums bought the Xingyue bikes from Pitster Pro. However, none of those owners have come back and told us the bikes were reliable for them; they have just disappeared. :ohno:

FastDoc
07-16-2013, 12:04 PM
I can concur with the top speed of 75. That's about right. With that said my 250 will go in the mid 80's, and my 400, geared for speed, would likley bust a ton.

Plus, how long will go 75?

fishman10
07-20-2013, 05:43 AM
cool looking bike,,but I just cant afford to gamble $3300,,,,,i truly hope the engine has been improved,,,,,but I don't think it has,,since the gentleman wont ship me one for cost,,to test.He needs to get some of the people he's sold these to to report in.,,Or some links to rave reviews ,cause im not finding any.

recracer
07-20-2013, 08:09 AM
Ebay ad expired , now relisted as 2013 model . http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2013-Other-Makes-Street-legal-Enduro-EPA-DOT-/300936495407?forcev4exp=true

SpudRider
07-23-2013, 03:02 AM
Egads! The MSRP for a 2013 Honda CBR500X is $5,999, which is only $599 more than the price for the Xingyue, 400cc motorcycle. :wtf:

http://powersports.honda.com/2013/cb500x.aspx

culcune
07-24-2013, 07:11 PM
It does have a 'make offer' option

MICRider
07-24-2013, 09:18 PM
I'll take a used Japanese bike over an expensive Chinese bike any day... A used klr will break a ton if you hold it long enough. Plus, parts are cheap and plentiful. I tried to convince big daddy of this before he bought his 400, but he wanted to gamble :)

SpudRider
07-25-2013, 02:23 AM
It does have a 'make offer' option
:lol:

SpudRider
07-25-2013, 02:24 AM
I'll take a used Japanese bike over an expensive Chinese bike any day... A used klr will break a ton of you hold it long enough. Plus, parts are cheap and plentiful. I tried to convince big daddy of this before he bought his 400, but he wanted to gamble :)
Amen! :)

FastDoc
07-25-2013, 12:18 PM
I have owned 6 Chinabikes so far. 8 if you include the two pocket bikes I had.

6/8 were great and I enjoyed them a lot. 1/8 was OK but pretty bad (the Kinroad 250 'sportbike').

The other was the XY (PitsterPro) 400.

The only one that I deeply regret was the 400.

'Nuff said ;-)

FastDoc
07-25-2013, 12:18 PM
I have had 4 KLR's, and have enjoyed Roger's also.

All the KLR's were excellent.