PDA

View Full Version : XP200 Key switch wiring

ScottCXP200
07-08-2013, 09:56 AM
I have an '08 Qlink XP200, and had an intermittent short in the key switch (sometimes while riding....) took the key switch all apart an found alot of corrosion/gunk. Still couldn't get it to work right after I cleaned it so I took it ALL apart - right down to unsoldering the wires from the black disk with the copper contacts :crazy: Dumb idea, I know - but I had a brain cramp and didn't write down the order the wires go back on... Can anyone PLEASE help? I need to know what order the wires go back on, there a black with a purple stripe, green, red, and plain black.

Weldangrind
07-08-2013, 11:29 AM
I've seen dissimilar switches out there, so there is no set standard. That said, some time with a multimeter will solve your problem. You're likely to find that diagonal terminals have continuity; two terminals will have continuity when off, and the other two when on. The green wire is likely the ground, and the red is likely from the battery +. When the switch is off, the green wire will most likely be connected with the wire that leads to the CDI, whichever wire that is. The remaining wire will connect the battery + to the ignition, lights, etc. You need to determine where the black and purple/black wires go.

SpudRider
07-08-2013, 12:45 PM
You can download the QLink Service Manual which contains the wiring diagram. :)

http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6472&highlight=qlink+english+service+manual

http://www.jamestowncomputer.com/clients/special-downloads/

ScottCXP200
07-09-2013, 08:46 AM
Well I got the wiring schematic, and re-wired the key switch. What do ya know but it fired right up!! But now my blinkers don't just blink normal, but look more like a yellow stobe light... any ideas what I screwed up there?

Weldangrind
07-09-2013, 10:52 AM
Do the blinkers malfunction left and right? Are all of the bulbs functional? Have you replaced any bulbs lately, perhaps with lower wattage? Is the dash indicator bulb working?

katoranger
07-09-2013, 11:05 AM
It may just be the flasher. Perhaps something shorted in that circuit.

ScottCXP200
07-10-2013, 10:11 AM
Do the blinkers malfunction left and right? Are all of the bulbs functional? Have you replaced any bulbs lately, perhaps with lower wattage? Is the dash indicator bulb working?

When I flip the blinkers on, they come on, both front and back, but they flash REALLY fast, everything else functions normal - only thing I've replaced in the fuse just off the battery red wire.

Weldangrind
07-10-2013, 10:50 AM
I agree with Kato; try a new flasher.

SpudRider
07-10-2013, 11:48 AM
i agree with kato; try a new flasher.
x3. ;)

ScottCXP200
07-12-2013, 02:04 PM
Go fig... for some reason now they work normally - and I didn't do anything to them!! I think my bike has reverse gremlins :)