PDA

View Full Version : Engine Identification ???

ForestK
08-04-2013, 05:29 AM
I would appreciate any comments that would contribute to the engine identification of my Chinese 125cc bike purchased in Philippines. The importer and dealer is Motorstar. They buy bikes broken down and assemble them here in the Philippines so the import tax is lower, and hence the bikes are at a much lower price.

Reading the manual (a joke) it says the carb is a CZ25. What really threw me was in addition to telling me to change the motor oil after 300Km first time than 1000Km thereafter with a 15W40, it said to also change the gear oil with a #10 gear oil.
Maybe I assumed all wrong but thought the motor oil was for the engine, gears, and clutch.
I may have to remove all the shrouds around the engine so I can see if there are letters stamped on the engine some place. I read on the internet you can identify the mfg. by letter codes.

"ENGINE IDENT for CHINESE BIKES
Generic Chinese engines tend to be easier because there is a stamp on the side of the engine case.
For Chinese Common Engines
50cc 2-stroke D1E41QMB02, D1E41QMB, H1E41QMB and 1E41QMB model engines
250cc 4-stroke CN250 water-cooled 172mm
Linhai 260 - Sunright / Diamo / PSF
All Generic Type Air Engines 150cc and 125cc GY6 QMI152/157 QMJ152/157 4-stroke
All Generic Type Air Engines for 50cc 2-stroke 1PE40QMB Minarelli based engine."
"The factories use different pre fixes say QJ for Qjiangjiang or QMA, ZMD will be Zongshen. The first number is the number of cylinders, the second, a P, is code for a horizontal engine. THIS IS NOT ALWAYS IN THE SAME PLACE. Check above the engine, next to the seat. Some brands have the number plate on the upper rear side of the belt cover. GY6 engines are on the fron, bottom, left had side near the centerstand pivot."

"The cylinder or engine numbers are also located in the description itself. The next 2 numbers, 39, is the bore diameter in mm, 39mm bore. The next letter, F, indicates that it is natural (not forced) air-cooled style. The next letter designates that it is a motorcycle engine "M". The next letter reveals the full engine displacement. B is code for a 50. C for a 60, D for a 70, F for a 90, G for a 100, H for a 110, I for a 125, J for a 150, and so forth.
QMA139 or QMB139 would be the standard GY6 50cc.
140EQMB is the standard JOG copy of the Minarelli Yamaha Air Cooled engine but with a 12mm pin for anything made in China or Taiwan after 2005. "

My engine ser no is 1P54FMHxxxxxxxxxxxxxx but I believe the Letter mfg code is somewhere else. I actually have a 52.4mm X 57mm Bore$Stroke
Actually 2 questions, 1st is about the gear oil????? and second any idea on the mfg. This has a semiautomatic transmission. I read somewhere the Honda knockoff E22 for ATV's is a horizontal mount and CZ25 carb, and can come with a semi automatic tranny. I want to buy or download a manual so when I need it I have it.

ForestK
08-05-2013, 01:40 AM
Well I looked on engine and it has small label 1P54FMH. The H signifies 110 cc.
The on line spec for this engine is Bore 52.4 7 STROKE 157
Since they sell a 110 version of my bike, with Bore 52.4 stroke 49.5, I assume the bike Mfg bought a lot of these engines and changed the crank to match the wanted cc rating.
Is my thinking correct or am I all wet????
I believe this is a Lifan engine. In my research I don't think a 52.4 bore is all that common.

humanbeing
08-05-2013, 04:03 AM
http://www.caltex.com/ph/products-and-services/lubricants/delo/
Delo Gold Multigrade is cheap & proven oil for m/c in PH.

ForestK
08-05-2013, 06:57 AM
Thanks HB, but I have read on various forms over here that you could get adverse affects using diesel or auto oil Vs MC oil. Not because of the engine, but for the transmission. Some people have had the clutch slip intermittently and when they went back to MC oil the slippage went away.

If you can believe anything the oil Mfg say, there is an additive in MC oil that's not in auto oil, just for the transmission.

Castrol power one for MC 15W40 is not that expensive. Approx. $7 a litre Vs full synthetic @ approx. $17 a litre.

Castrol power one is a combo std oil and syn.

Weldangrind
08-05-2013, 01:35 PM
The bottom line is that the oil needs to be compatible with a wet clutch, and 15W40 meets that need. SpudRider has 59,000 miles on his China bike, and he uses 15W40 diesel oil. Good enough proof for me.

The manufacturer is largely unimportant. Regardless of who actually made the motor, you're not likely to find a quality manual. Feel free to ask whatever questions you have on this forum, and we'll do our best to answer them.

ForestK
08-05-2013, 09:11 PM
Thanks Weldangrind, also HB. I wasn't trying to step on anyone, if I did I apologize. Just repeating what I read. 59000 miles proof enough for me also.
I think I figured out what engine mine is a clone of. My engine is supposed to be a 52.4 bore 57mm stroke and semi auto tranny and 123.67cc, which equates to a 57.6mm stroke.
The Honda XRM125 (model CFT125MA) has 52.4mm bore 57.9 stroke semi auto tranny with 124cc. Both Horizontal. Sounds like mine is a clone of this Honda. I have been looking for a service manual for the Honda bike (just need engine) even if I have to pay for it. Not easy to purchase any manual over here. The answer you always get is "we don't have". They typically don't have in their shop either, they just wing it. Scary

I still don't understand in the manual saying under a different heading "change the Gear oil also at 300Km and than 1000Km thereafter with #10 gear oil.
Can anyone shed any lite on this??? I thought it was all done with engine oil. Is this different????????:thanks:

Weldangrind
08-06-2013, 11:08 AM
Consider that to be a poor translation. Again, use 15W40 diesel oil and you'll have many happy miles.

ForestK
08-06-2013, 05:55 PM
Thanks Weldangrind, I think you are right, makes sense. Of all my reading about MC's, I never heard of anything like that.
About the oil, I don't need the W in 15W40, the coldest it gets here is in the low 70's but you can't buy straight 30 or 40 weight oil.

For that matter I can't even buy Sauerkraut, not even in a can. Too bad because pork is a big thing here. LOL
:thanks:

Weldangrind
08-07-2013, 01:32 AM
I recommend that you make friends with some of our German members. :)