PDA

View Full Version : taobao.com experience?

oviking99
08-09-2013, 08:03 PM
Any experience or a thread that talks about taobao.com, as far as shipping costs, integrity, and time to ship?
I did search the forums.
Thanks.

SpudRider
08-10-2013, 02:24 AM
Using the search term "taobao" should yield a number of threads. ;) Here is an example.

http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=11529&highlight=taobao

oviking99
08-10-2013, 11:10 AM
Somehow Google Chrome resets to the "continue to chinariders.net", then brings me to the home page when I searched. Thats why I posted. Maybe the browser cache. I'll try clearing the cache and resetting.
Thanks

SpudRider
08-10-2013, 12:44 PM
Somehow Google Chrome resets to the "continue to chinariders.net", then brings me to the home page when I searched. Thats why I posted. Maybe the browser cache. I'll try clearing the cache and resetting.
Thanks
You're welcome. :) Indeed, try clearing the cache in your web browser. The search function should be working flawlessly.

Sign up with a Taobao agent, such as TBTrends, and you will have a good experience purchasing from Taobao. :)

http://www.tbtrends.com/

oviking99
08-14-2013, 04:28 PM
Spud, after reading your exellent write up about rebuilding the 200GY-2 top end and such, Taobao sure looks like a great place to order from. Thanks for such well written and photographed article. You are certainly a Zong and Yamaha Guru! You do much better than most of the cycle mag writers. Cool flywheel tool also!

SpudRider
08-15-2013, 02:53 AM
Thank you for your kind words. :)

oviking99
08-21-2013, 10:09 AM
FYI;
Interesting information. Sometimes my "luck of the draw". I ordered and paid for the electrical parts for the Vento 200gy-2. I have been waiting to see how it goes before I purchase any more items. I discovered this on the main page of taobao.com "
Sorry, our shopping cart has some problem, the exchange rate can not be applied automatically, we will fix the problems soon. 2013.08.19
We will not accept new orders at tbtrends.com, and we will launch our new shopping cart at taobaotrends.com in 2days
Sorry for the inconvienence it may cause. 2013.08.21"
Hopefully this is just a glitch. I know there has been good service from Taobao, so I am not too concerned.

Weldangrind
08-21-2013, 12:24 PM
Thanks for letting us know. I'll keep an eye on that before filling another cart.

SpudRider
08-21-2013, 01:28 PM
FYI;
Interesting information. Sometimes my "luck of the draw". I ordered and paid for the electrical parts for the Vento 200gy-2. I have been waiting to see how it goes before I purchase any more items. I discovered this on the main page of taobao.com "
Sorry, our shopping cart has some problem, the exchange rate can not be applied automatically, we will fix the problems soon. 2013.08.19
We will not accept new orders at tbtrends.com, and we will launch our new shopping cart at taobaotrends.com in 2days
Sorry for the inconvienence it may cause. 2013.08.21"
Hopefully this is just a glitch. I know there has been good service from Taobao, so I am not too concerned.

That's interesting. :hmm: That agent was originally named TaobaoTrends, but they changed the name to TBTrends, because they said they had encountered legal issues using the name Taobao. Now it appears they are returning to their original name. :shrug:

oviking99
08-23-2013, 03:25 PM
Update, I heard from tbtrends.com. All of my electrical parts for the 200-gy2 are ready for shipping to the US. An additional 39.81 for O'seas EMS shipping. Hope they get here soon. The website is still experiencing problems though.

Weldangrind
08-25-2013, 12:30 PM
Thanks for the update. I hope you receive everything quickly, and in good order.

SpudRider
08-25-2013, 02:42 PM
Good for you. :tup: I hope the website problems get cleared up; I am about ready to place my second order with TBTrends. ;)

oviking99
08-30-2013, 12:07 AM
Success! tbtrends.com came through. 14 days total time from order till delivery. They told me about a slight delay for the CDI I ordered, and communicated well! The taobao.com agent is now taobaotrends.com. Be aware that I had to create a new account. Make sure you check the box "Remember Me". If you get an error message after you create an account, type in taobaotrends.com again in the url box, and you should be able to navigate the site as normal. This happens every time I log in, but it always works.
Thanks all for the help!

Weldangrind
08-30-2013, 01:30 AM
Did they photograph the goods before shipping them to you?

oviking99
08-30-2013, 11:08 AM
Weld, they did not photograph the items as far as I know. I will post pics later. Grandpa Daycare duties, ha ha!

Weldangrind
08-30-2013, 11:45 AM
With each order I placed, they photographed the parts and emailed pics to me. Once I was satisfied that everything was in order, they provided the final shipping price. Excellent service!

oviking99
08-30-2013, 11:51 AM
I will have to look back at the emails. It won't be the last time I missed an attachment :hmm:
I am with you on the excellent service.

SpudRider
08-30-2013, 01:54 PM
With each order I placed, they photographed the parts and emailed pics to me. Once I was satisfied that everything was in order, they provided the final shipping price. Excellent service!
Indeed, that's excellent service. :tup: I didn't receive any photographs of my items before they were shipped. However, I did receive the correct items, and excellent customer service. :)

Chrome
09-29-2013, 03:12 AM
saved much from this site, but the best site for 3c is dx.com.