PDA

View Full Version : New to Me YAMOT PY200 - Parts/Engine

tractorboy924
07-09-2007, 01:13 PM
Hello all.

getting a 2005 yamoto and Ive read all about yamaha/yamoto issues.
BUT..it sounds like they had replacement parts issues even before they rebranded under Shinima. I also see now thats they've changed to Shinima they dont really have any dirtbikes anymore?

Is there truly NO PLACE to get parts from? What about Cananda or Australia.

Also whats this Ive ready here about alot of the engines are similar? and looking in the plate for 162FM models or whatever. Can anyone steer me in the direction to read up more on that.....Again new plastic and all that would be NICE but..ENGINES the liveblood of the beast.

Also I read the yamoto is a "reverse" gear pattern...is that true on all yamoto's. I will have to check that out when I get it....

Thanks for the help.....hope I didnt make a mistake.

liverchip
07-13-2007, 08:36 AM
The best thing you can do is post photos so that one of us may be able to ID the motor. then we work from there.

tractorboy924
08-06-2007, 03:07 PM
Ok...I can do that....also Ive found that it looks VERY VERY much like a jetmmoto...even the plastic appears the same. Ive already ordered some replacements from them...I will get a pic posted....

Also Im curious as to the forks. My kid is only 97 pounds and he can bottom out the front end. Im wondering if they are oil filled or just dry springs...??

anyone know>> I will get pics..that will help.

Todd

katoranger
08-06-2007, 03:18 PM
The forks may not have any oil or not enough oil in them. You could put some spacers under the caps and increase the preload.

My guess is that alot of the parts are share with other china bikes and if you post pictures then others can help with finding replacements.

Allen

pedez2000
08-10-2007, 10:48 AM
i'm a dealer for alot of made in china atv' dirt bike scooters i have been able to find most parts for my customer so post or email me a pic of the bike ok thanks

Gregg

dirtysouth_choppers@yahoo.com