PDA

View Full Version : P.O.R Apache 125 (GY) choke question..

cactusmelba
12-28-2013, 01:19 PM
hey!

On the left hand side of my carb, there's this choke lever.
http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p748/eugenebreakwater/20131228_175930_zps2fc5a46f.jpg
(at least I'm presuming it's a choke lever.)

If it IS a choke lever, does it look to you like it should have a cable attached to it? 'Cos it hasn't. And I can't see anywhere else on the bike where it might have ever been. Am I barking completely up the wrong tree without a paddle?

:hmm:

Weldangrind
12-28-2013, 02:48 PM
I know that setup well. It orignally had a cable, and there was a lever assembly on the handlebar, and it has been removed. With the cable setup, there is no detent for the lever, so it won't work properly.

The good news is that carb is less desirable, and a 30mm Mikuni carb (with no need for a cable) is cheap as chips. Like this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/MIKUNI-VM26-30MM-CARBURETOR-CRF-XR-100-200-250-CARB-ATV-PIT-DIRT-BIKE-QUAD-/111030215255?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19d9eaa257&vxp=mtr Less than 25 GBP to your door.

cactusmelba
12-28-2013, 05:28 PM
Thanks W&G, good man!

So my bike would've originally had a small lever assembly somewhere?
TBH I'm not too bothered in getting it set up again, it just means a couple extra minutes sat on the bike in a morning with your hand on the choke lever.. If it comes to it I'll buy the uprated carb.

Cheers matey!

Weldangrind
12-28-2013, 06:13 PM
The Mikuni has other benefits. I find the casting to be better quality, and replacement jets are easy and cheap to find, as you make upgrades.

cactusmelba
12-29-2013, 09:13 AM
The Mikuni has other benefits. I find the casting to be better quality, and replacement jets are easy and cheap to find, as you make upgrades.

cheers W&G, I'll bear it in mind for certain.. I've watched that one in my ebay so I can get straight back to it.. I want to get a rough idea how much everything is going to cost before I start buying stuff, so I know what's absolutely vital (18"front wheel) and what's not (giant chrome rear light cluster in the shape of a pagan cross and a mural on the tank of a vicar handing satan a poisoned sausage.)

Weldangrind
12-29-2013, 02:20 PM
:lmao:

Well done!

After I suggested the Mikuni, I realized that your bike is less than 200cc. You might choose to stick with the carb you have.

Perhaps I have some parts on hand that can correct your choke linkage. I'll have a look.