PDA

View Full Version : MFC dirt bike engine?

FreestyleChickRide
03-04-2014, 12:52 PM
Hey ya'll,

Quick question. I have 2 import dirt bikes in my shop, one needs to be completely rebuilt. My question is are mfc engines the knock off Honda's or Suzuki's? I know the Gio's are compatible with Honda parts, but these don't look very similar. Any help would be appreciated as I have to strip my sons 90cc down to the frame and rebuild the whole thing. Thank you!

FastDoc
03-04-2014, 01:13 PM
Are we talking a horizontal or vertical engine? What displacement?

Almost all Chinese engines are Honda clones. Some Zongshens are Yamaha clones, and some Q Links are Suzuki clones. Almost all others are Hondas.

Welcome to the forum.

FreestyleChickRide
03-04-2014, 01:30 PM
Thanks! :)

It is vertical I do believe. I am heading out to strip the bike down now so I can take the engine out and compare it to some of the other ones we have kicking around. I have boxes of these mfc parts, all unused and unopen, including 2 engines and a bunch of transmissions and clutch assemblies. But, obviously before I go putting these together I need to know its going to work with the dynamics etc! lol. Since I am new here, I will just look off the net for a pic of the engine as I don't have a camera until tonight!

FreestyleChickRide
03-04-2014, 01:31 PM
I am a mechanic in training, so this part of the job is new to me, what would the displacement be? Just so I can find out and repost it here to get the most accurate answers!

FastDoc
03-04-2014, 02:39 PM
You are doing great.

There should be an engine code in the crankcase just forward of the shift lever.

FastDoc
03-04-2014, 02:40 PM
The most common vertical Honda clones (we call them Hondoids) are 200-230cc. Is it OHC or OHV?

FreestyleChickRide
03-04-2014, 06:10 PM
Ok, so this is a horizontal engine, its an 80cc? Weird, I didn't know they made 80cc bikes, but its an import, so maybe that would be why. Its a 2 stroke oil injected bike. I did identify what I needed to know, thank you :) I am wondering though, since this engine has been sitting for a few years and when I pulled the spark plug the very tip of it was rusty if this engine is shot? I was thinking it may be salvageable, but as of now I'm not too sure how else to find out?

FastDoc
03-04-2014, 06:24 PM
OK.

To be honest I'm not up on my China cloned 2 strokes. Almost all Chinabikes nowadays are 4 strokes. I do not know what that is a copy of but don't worry, others here will know.

The cylinder and piston are aluminum so rust won't be a factor but you'll have to pull the head to inspect the bore. You ay want to check the compression prior to removing the head.

FreestyleChickRide
03-04-2014, 06:31 PM
I would love to just go drop a few g's on a good quality bike, but my guy is 8 and he's just learning now so this way I don't have to sweat it too much if it gets thrashed :) I will do that, thank you!!

katoranger
03-04-2014, 09:26 PM
I have seen yamaha pw80 clone engines. They were oil injected and horizontal.

Weldangrind
03-04-2014, 11:18 PM
Welcome!

Perhaps it is a PW clone.

I am familiar with the MFC 100cc bike, which is cloned from the Suzuki AX100.

What part of Canada are you from?

SpudRider
03-05-2014, 12:41 AM
Welcome; we are glad you joined us. :hi: