PDA

View Full Version : New Baja X250

pezgoon
07-20-2007, 12:27 AM
Hi I was wondering has anyon ehad any experience with baja's and/or there 250's, and would anyone happen to know where I would be able to get parts or what parts I could use interchangabley?

czowner
07-20-2007, 02:44 AM
If it's the 223cc with 6 gears, I have one (Hongdou MD250GY). Engine spares are a problem here in the UK, Honda CRF230 gaskets fit so I'd assume (always a bad idea!) CRF parts may not be far away. Cracking little bike tough, well pleased with mine.

Jonathan.

pezgoon
07-20-2007, 02:08 PM
No its only a 5 speed and i think its 244cc

And I'm looking for other things that will fit cause yesterday part of the rear brake lever broke off and I was thinking about replacing it.
And I also want to get a light kit so that I can make it street legal and ride it on the road.
And I got this bike 4 days ago from pep boys
And does anyone know what are the requirements for a street legal dirtbike in New Hampshire?

ejcycles
07-20-2007, 10:39 PM
pezgoon
Go to your States BMV web site it should be on there.

pezgoon
07-24-2007, 12:38 AM
ok Ill have to do that sometime
but still no one whos had any experiences with em or know of anything that matches the specs for it cause im also looking into getting a trailtech computer, the vapor
And I think the engine could be a lifan because czowner said in the Who makes my motor? post that the Lifan motors have a chrome oval in the gen cover and that is what my engine has on it

ejcycles
07-24-2007, 09:45 AM
pezgoon
Hongdou is Lifan's old name, before Honda sued for the name being so close to their name. That is when they became Lifan.
An engine cover does not designate the make of an engine. You need to remember that {czowner} is not from the USA and the bikes in other countries are not made exactly the same as here because of emissions and other regulatory reasons..... just as cars are not all the same for every country.

pezgoon
07-24-2007, 05:41 PM
ohh alright, oh well
well I took it on the trails today for the first time and it seemed to have good handling and pickup so far even without full throttle (break-in) but I did notice something making a jingling/clinking sound and I cant figure out what it is, any ideas?