PDA

View Full Version : My first ride --- Here is the report!

mrhyak
07-20-2007, 12:32 AM
Got a new battery for my TANK, drained the gas....added new then started the thing up. Seemed to take forever to get that thing to warm up, is this normal that these things are 'cold blooded'? Anyway, after 10 min or so when I could finally run the bike with the choke off, and the bike would idle I took it for a spin around the neighborhood. I only took it up to 4th gear and maybe hit 35 or 40 for a very short burst, but the thing seems to be very quick and a blast to ride. After 5 minutes I almost doubled the mileage on the odometer (2.9 miles to 4.2) then stuck it back in the garage. Need to trickle charge the battery to get it to full charge then I'll slap the plastic back on and hopefully take it for longer rides this weekend.

I didn't realize these bikes had the LED to display what gear your in, pretty cool. Anyway....that's it for now.

Jack

Jim
07-20-2007, 02:15 AM
congrats on the new bike

frostbite
07-20-2007, 08:28 AM
Seemed to take forever to get that thing to warm up, is this normal that these things are 'cold blooded'?

You probably need to adjust the carburetor. I'd review the 'Tech Info' area. Here is a shortcut to the c-clip adjustment page:

http://www.chinariders.net/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=3

katoranger
07-20-2007, 08:37 AM
I lower the clip one notch on my and it now starts without the choke and and idles after about a minute.

Also check the sparkplug. You may need to upgrade it to an NGK.

Allen

pumpkin
07-20-2007, 09:24 AM
i will second the sparkplug sugjestion i put a ngk in mine and it starts way better

NewEnglandTrails
07-20-2007, 06:59 PM
C-clip adjustment and the $1.77 NGK spark plug replacement are definetly in order........

Glad to hear your enjoying it so far.. Be sure to loctite.....!!

NET